AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I’m not in this business, so I may not be able to accurately describe all the nuances of this projector. With this in mind . . .

I have a “spare†Marquee 8000 that I purchased from the military with another Marquee which is in my main theater. I wanted to use the 8000 for the bedroom theater (currently have a built-in Mits. 40 inch tube set), but my wife said “no way†and wants it out of the house. Given the condition of the unit, I’m not sure if I should sell it for parts, sell it “as is†or trash it. Aside from what I’ve seen on Ebay, I have no idea what the fair market value is for this projector or its parts.

I have hooked it up to a dvd player via a Quadscan and it outputs a clear, but greenish picture at 720p. The blue tube appears really weak. Although the picture has a greenish cast, the reds definitely show up (women’s lips, red flowers, etc.). The vertical squeeze modification (see Tim Martin’s posts) has been done so it can properly display anamorphic dvds and hdtv. The following information may also be useful:

Manufactured November 1994, so it has the newer chassis (single-piece heat sink, etc.).

Software version 2.0

Model No. 38-P13082-93

Serial No. 052740037

Hours on crts: 6,569

Hours in standby: 31,853

The unit is missing the two top covers and does not have a remote (I use a Pronto with it fine). The RGBHV input is loose because the one interior trim piece that it screws onto is missing. However, it works fine. Before my wife put her foot down, I was planning on storing it until I could find another 8000 for parts and then get it re-tubed. Oh well . . . .

Any suggestions on whether to part-it-out, sell as is and fair pricing would be appreciated. You can either e-mail me at [email protected] or post a reply.

Thanks.

P.S. If this should have been posted in classifieds please let me know. I posted it here since I do not have a price or know what exactly I should do with the projector.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey Scott,

I would keep it for spare parts for your main unit.

Did you check it's G2 and Drive settings (Under the Color temp menu) compared to your main unit to see if that is why the color is off?

If you really do not want to keep it, let me know and I will make you an offer.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I guess I will list it in the classifieds.

Mark,

I checked the color temperature settings and could not get the blue tube very bright. Unless there is something else to try, I guess the tube is really weak.

Please e-mail me an offer. If you want to call me, I will e-mail you my number.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.