Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have finished building the walls to my dedicated room. Now the real problem.....which way do I face the room? Here is the original way I was going to do it but now I am reconsidering.....anyone have a similar experience or room? Any help would sure be appreciated......

Thanks....

Joe

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Either plan is fine for video. The real question is speakers and speaker placement in each plan. What are you using, and where are you planning to put it?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Peter,

Thanks for the response.....right now I have Swan Diva 5.1 floorstanding speakers with a Swan Diva C3 center. This is the reason why I had originally setup the room I guess you could say facing north with using the "flat" wall for the front wall. But now I am not sure because of the placement of rear speakers in the original setup. I think I would be limited to ceiling speakers for rears due to the door on 1 side & the window on the other......both plans would include a full length curtain on the window wall.

With the second plan I was not sure about speaker placement as the left & right front speakers would be much closer to the angled walls, but I would have a better place to install rear &/or side speakers.

Also, with the first plan, seating was not optimum as the first row is getting close to the screen.... 9ft I believe.

I am open to just about any suggestion regarding speakers & placement....

I had looked into the magnepan mmc-w's because they need to be angled at around 30 degrees which is very close to the angled wall in my room...

thanks again...I will try to post a drawing with the mmg-w's setup in the room

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.