AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 600M from Axxis Audio and it was delivered and 3 months later I went to install it in my new home and the front panel was broken. They wouldnt take it as a return so now I have a brand new 60" 600M with a broken front panel sitting in my garage.

Any ideas of what I can do with it?

·
Premium Member
18,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk77 /forum/post/18134771

So I bought a 600M from Axxis Audio and it was delivered and 3 months later I went to install it in my new home and the front panel was broken. They wouldnt take it as a return so now I have a brand new 60" 600M with a broken front panel sitting in my garage. Any ideas of what I can do with it?

You could try to sell it for parts. The cost to replace the panel will probably exceed the price you paid for the whole TV.

So are you saying that you didn't inspect the TV upon delivery and waited 3 months to open the box, only to discover the screen is broken?? Am i reading that right?

·
Banned
145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk77 /forum/post/18134771

So I bought a 600M from Axxis Audio and it was delivered and 3 months later I went to install it in my new home and the front panel was broken. They wouldnt take it as a return so now I have a brand new 60" 600M with a broken front panel sitting in my garage.

Any ideas of what I can do with it?

One idea you can do is check with your home owners insurance and let them know you've been storing it for 3 months to move it into your new home and discovered that it was broken.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have exhausted all efforts with insurance, Axxis audio insurance, etc. I did inspect it when I originally got the TV and it looked fine, even used the flashlight method some people talked about on here. But then when the AV guys went to take it out of the box after my house was complete there were spiderweb cracks on the panel.

·
Registered
313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk77 /forum/post/18135019

I have exhausted all efforts with insurance, Axxis audio insurance, etc. I did inspect it when I originally got the TV and it looked fine, even used the flashlight method some people talked about on here. But then when the AV guys went to take it out of the box after my house was complete there were spiderweb cracks on the panel.

What is the flashlight method? I am taking delivery of a KRP-500m next week and would some tips on checking it out.

·
Banned
145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch42 /forum/post/18135772

What is the flashlight method? I am taking delivery of a KRP-500m next week and would some tips on checking it out.

Putting a falshlight to the screen will possibly show any scratches or hairline fractures. Most panels tend to either be broken and obvious to the naked eye or perfectly fine but running a light could possibly show some defects that aren't visible to the naked eye. Take a flashlight to a clean car and you'll be amazed how much scratching is on the surface that you can't see. Pretty much a similar principle.

·
Premium Member
18,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk77 /forum/post/18135019

I have exhausted all efforts with insurance, Axxis audio insurance, etc.

Did you buy the TV using a Credit Card that has accidental damage coverage?

Quote:
I did inspect it when I originally got the TV and it looked fine, even used the flashlight method some people talked about on here. But then when the AV guys went to take it out of the box after my house was complete there were spiderweb cracks on the panel.

Well obviously it got damaged sometime after it got delivered to you. Is it possible that the A/V guys damaged it?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I think it's time for a full rundown of the exact details of the panel so we can give you better advice.

1) It was delivered and you inspected it at the time and it was fine. This you've said.

2) Where was it stored? In the house, in a garage, basement, where? And importantly how did you get it to wherever you were storing it?

3) Was it delivered to your new house or your old house. If it was delivered to your old house, did you move it yourself or did you contract a moving company to take it for you along with other furniture and whatnot.

4) Did it ever get knocked into, leaned on, knocked over etc...?

5) Did you watch what the setup guys were doing when they were setting it up? If so, please state what they did.

It's hard to know what options are or aren't open to you without having a clearer understanding of what exactly happened to the set during the time before you saw the cracks.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVJunkie2010 /forum/post/18135910

Putting a flashlight to the screen will possibly show any scratches or hairline fractures. Most panels tend to either be broken and obvious to the naked eye or perfectly fine but running a light could possibly show some defects that aren't visible to the naked eye. Take a flashlight to a clean car and you'll be amazed how much scratching is on the surface that you can't see. Pretty much a similar principle.

Would you see the cracks pretty easily if you put an image through it, like say a 360 game console or a PS3 or whatever?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlplover /forum/post/18136756

I think it's time for a full rundown of the exact details of the panel so we can give you better advice.

1) It was delivered and you inspected it at the time and it was fine. This you've said.

2) Where was it stored? In the house, in a garage, basement, where? And importantly how did you get it to wherever you were storing it?

3) Was it delivered to your new house or your old house. If it was delivered to your old house, did you move it yourself or did you contract a moving company to take it for you along with other furniture and whatnot.

4) Did it ever get knocked into, leaned on, knocked over etc...?

5) Did you watch what the setup guys were doing when they were setting it up? If so, please state what they did.

It's hard to know what options are or aren't open to you without having a clearer understanding of what exactly happened to the set during the time before you saw the cracks.

All I need to know is if there is a market for a TV like this with a broken panel. I bought a new 600M, it is mounted and great. This TV is in my garage with a broken panel. It doesnt matter how it was damaged, who is to blame and the 50 other questions you asked, I just need some advice on whether to throw this in the trach can or if there is a way to sell it for parts.

I bought the tv, it was delivered, I took it out of the box and looked at it, it was fine, but it back in the box and put it in an HVAC controlled commercial building space. AV company picked it up and took it to my new house, called and said the panel had cracks in it. So I called Axxis Audio, they tried going through there insurance and it was denied. Called my insurance agent and he said the only way I could claim it was damaged due to theft or act of god etc. So now its sitting in its box in my garage.

So I have exhausted my efforts, I am done, I am over it. Can anyone suggest where I can sell it for parts, or if there is a market for it now?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Ebay I guess. Saw a 500m with cracked screen for $250

·
Registered
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk77 /forum/post/18137069

All I need to know is if there is a market for a TV like this with a broken panel. I bought a new 600M, it is mounted and great. This TV is in my garage with a broken panel. It doesnt matter how it was damaged, who is to blame and the 50 other questions you asked, I just need some advice on whether to throw this in the trach can or if there is a way to sell it for parts.

I bought the tv, it was delivered, I took it out of the box and looked at it, it was fine, but it back in the box and put it in an HVAC controlled commercial building space. AV company picked it up and took it to my new house, called and said the panel had cracks in it. So I called Axxis Audio, they tried going through there insurance and it was denied. Called my insurance agent and he said the only way I could claim it was damaged due to theft or act of god etc. So now its sitting in its box in my garage.

So I have exhausted my efforts, I am done, I am over it. Can anyone suggest where I can sell it for parts, or if there is a market for it now?

sounds like the AV company guys are the ones to blame here. Pretty suspicious that the screen was cracked after THEY moved it to your new house...

anyway, ebay it!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzybam /forum/post/18136864

Would you see the cracks pretty easily if you put an image through it, like say a 360 game console or a PS3 or whatever?

the plasma panel is a sealed unit. if it has cracks it will not display an image it usually will make a loud buzz noise almost sounding like a Tazer and nothing will display onscreen.

the use of a flashlight was to do a quick initial inspection to show any obvious cracks. IF it showed no cracks then the next step was power it up to make sure it would turn on and display a screen to make sure it was functioning ok before signing off on the delivery invoice.

·
Registered
87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrossard /forum/post/18138224

Just drag it out to the curb. Out of the box. It will disappear from your life long before the trash company ever gets around to picking it up.

For added value, put it on the curb with a "For Sale" sign on it. It will disappear almost instantly.

IF for some reason no one takes it away for you, most trash services will recycle the TV for you if you call them and let them know it's at the curb. My service will do this for no additional cost (over what I already pay them to take the normal trash).

LOL, so true.

·
Premium Member
18,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrady3324 /forum/post/18137122

Ebay I guess. Saw a 500m with cracked screen for $250

Yeah that seller kept re-listing it. He said it had a minor crack in the screen and that it could be repaired (which is not true). I don't think he ever sold it (it was on my watch list for the fun of it). The problem with selling it on Ebay for parts is that the buyer doesn't need the broken screen, but the TV is expensive to ship. And the boards and internal parts need to be removed carefully so the buyer probably wouldn't trust the seller to dismantle the TV and box up the components. I would contact all the local authorized Pioneer repair centers in the area and see if they'd be interested in buying it for it's parts.

So it looks like the OP's screen was either cracked somehow while stored in the commercial building, or more likely when the A/V guys transported it to the house. If it was the latter, i'd file a claim with their insurance carrier, or take them to Small Claims Court.

Still no answer on the type of credit card used to purchase it, like if the card provides accidental damage re-imbursement for the first year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/18138810

Still no answer on the type of credit card used to purchase it, like if the card provides accidental damage re-imbursement for the first year.

"Exhausted all efforts" means that I tried the credit card route ad no re-imbrusement on it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.