AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an electrohome ecp 4100 that i need to get rid of. is it worth my time to try and sell it whole or break it down and sell it for parts? or should i just take it to the dump?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekdotnet /forum/post/17027529

i have an electrohome ecp 4100 that i need to get rid of. is it worth my time to try and sell it whole or break it down and sell it for parts? or should i just take it to the dump?

Might be worth a hundred bucks depending on tube condition, but fi you know some teenager nephew or neighbor give it to them to learn on and to play PS3 or video games and tell them about AVS for the info on it. dont dump it, it is valuable as learning tool in my opinion.

Athanasios

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekdotnet /forum/post/17027529

should i just take it to the dump?

here on Colorado they won't take electronics at the dump. You have to have them recycled for the heavy metals and leaded glass. An old picture tube TV actually costs money to get rid of here due to the lead.

Stick it on Craigslist for 100 bucks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'd take some parts. My ECP seemed to have died on me. Although i have another one. It needs a HV power supply. I'd take the LV and HV powersupplies and perhaps some boards. but I couldn't afford to ship the whole unit. I'm a broke student right now. and ship it the cheapest cheapest way, i'm on a very tight budget right now.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Mr Blond where in PA are you?

Nashou

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live in Northeast PA. In a small town called Lansford 18232. Its close to Jim Thorpe and Tamaqua. Or an hour north of Allentown.

my addy is

Daniel Gallagher

101 W. Ridge ST.

Lansford PA 18232

if you were just going to dump it i'll take parts! i'll at least reimburse you for shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts