AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has a toasted light engine, and my warranty company has agreed to send me a new WD 73738. But I can keep my old WD 73734.

What should I do with it? It has about 50,000 white dots all over it from a failed light engine!

Any advice? Any buyers, for what, $50 or $100? I just want the thing out of my house. Having 2 73" t.v.'s in the house with a 1.5 year old is not really a great idea.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by collin /forum/post/19567073

location?

Charlotte NC

·
Registered
533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwd /forum/post/19565994

It has a toasted light engine, and my warranty company has agreed to send me a new WD 73738. But I can keep my old WD 73734.

What should I do with it? It has about 50,000 white dots all over it from a failed light engine!

Any advice? Any buyers, for what, $50 or $100? I just want the thing out of my house. Having 2 73" t.v.'s in the house with a 1.5 year old is not really a great idea.

Thanks in advance.

Craigslist, $200. Be honest about what the picture looks like. 73" is a premium size and there will be someone there that will think they can fix it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF. /forum/post/19571331

Craigslist, $200. Be honest about what the picture looks like. 73" is a premium size and there will be someone there that will think they can fix it.

Great idea, although it can be fixed, probably for as low as 400 to 450 if you can find a light engine that cheap.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copman
I am looking to get an extended warranty for my 73", which company do you have.
I had assurant that backed circuit city.

They have been absolutely horrible, that is, until I opened up a Better Business Bureau case. Then they called me and tried to take care of it asap.

I still dont have my new tv though. They said it should be shipped soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts