AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this might be a noob question. But i am thinking about buying the sony HTSF470 htib. But from amazon review i found out it has proprietary connectors which are hard to find and plus they don't include long enough wires for the surrounds. And since my living room is pretty big, i was wondering what to do if i need to extend the wires? i tried searching in sonystyle.com, but they didn't seem to have any speaker wires with "proprietary connectors" there.

Should i buy a system which doesn't seem very versatile? or can you guys recommend some other htib under $500 with no connection issues like these? The only requirement for me is it should have two floor standing speakers for the front (due to aesthetics).

i also have my eyes set on the LG LHB976. but what kind of connections does it have?

Thank you

·
Registered
19,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by isrararrafi /forum/post/20840747

this might be a noob question. But i am thinking about buying the sony HTSF470 htib. But from amazon review i found out it has proprietary connectors which are hard to find and plus they don't include long enough wires for the surrounds. And since my living room is pretty big, i was wondering what to do if i need to extend the wires? i tried searching in sonystyle.com, but they didn't seem to have any speaker wires with "proprietary connectors" there.

Should i buy a system which doesn't seem very versatile? or can you guys recommend some other htib under $500 with no connection issues like these? The only requirement for me is it should have two floor standing speakers for the front (due to aesthetics).

i also have my eyes set on the LG LHB976. but what kind of connections does it have?

Thank you

That was one of the requirments that I had when looking for my first, modest, HTS. Speakers are the most important component of a HTS and I wanted to have the ability to upgrade my speakers at any time without hassles. I chose the Yamaha YHT-395 for the opposite reason of yours. I didn't have the space for floor standing speakers so I needed to go with bookshelves, for now. The only thing I can recommend is pick a system you like and then see if you can find it at a B&M and see what the connections look like. Sometimes ads will give you pics of the backside of the receiver and you may be able to ascertain what the speaker connections look like. You'll find something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.