AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's the best speaker system to mate with my Samsung HT-HDP40 htib 800 watt unit for a mini cost??

sammy has Speaker System:

Speaker(s) 2.0 x Right/left channel speaker - External - 134.0 Watt - Wired , 1.0 x Center channel speaker - External - 134.0 Watt - Wired , 2.0 x Right/left rear channel speaker - External - 134.0 Watt - Wired , 1.0 x

i looked at amazon and found

Polk Audio RM6750 5.1 Channel Home Theater Speaker System

Boston Acoustics Horizon Series MCS100MDNT 5.1-Channel Speaker System

Yamaha NS-P610CH 6-Piece Home Theater Speaker and Subwoofer System (this one's only $139),

Yamaha NS-P320 6 piece Home Theater Speaker System,

Yamaha NS-SP5800BL 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker Package,

Energy ACT6 Home Theater System

or been watching a refurb Infinity TSS 800 on ebay, but they have been going higher.

or should i just scrap it and try to get a refurb like the ONKYO 7100?

i also thought about putting a Energy speaker seperate system together (1 piece at a time). this is just for the bedroom so i really don't need something overpowering. just not sure which way to go.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Really depends on what you're looking for in terms of sound, usage (music, home theater, etc), size. If you can live without a sub and can get by with 4 speakers, the Energy C-100s are recently discontinued and have been on clearance for ballpark $100/pair. These MSRPed for $250, and before the past couple of months couldn't be bought new for under about $150-200. I haven't heard them, but I just purchased a pair for surrounds and I'm eager to give them a shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts