AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not yet constructed my home theater yet (I close on my new house this week) but I bought a Sony 1270 about 1.5 months ago from a local forum member and have been waching movies via a temp setup with a HTPC. I have learned much about setting up and tweaking this machine and have been generally well pleased with it. I was told there was slight wear on the blue tube but see no evidence of it in my picture.

Yesterday I picked up an Electrohome ecp3000 (REAL CHEAP) from a local church that was buying a smaller lcd unit. It really looked clean and new. No manual, but I fumbled my way thru setup and got a surprisingly good pic. It is brighter (I think) than my 1270, but 1270 has better black level. Also, there is a very faint pattern of vertical dashes that appear in the picture during very dark scenes, not visible at all most of the time and really not objectionable.

I have read posts on both machines, but does anyone have feelings on which is the better machine? Which am I most likely to have an easier time finding parts for? I like the 3000's smaller footprint because my space is going to be somewhat limited.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
The Sony is better. More reliable, larger tubes for better resolution.

Curt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.