AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be a bunch of cool stuff at Infocomm this year.

1. Sony is supposed to debut a non-lcd projector of their own design. This is supposed to be bigger than the 11HT debut which will also be there.

2. There will be a 2lb DLP projector at the show from Plus/NEC.

3. There will be a 2000 lumen 1-chip DLP projector at the show from Infocus, the LP530. It gets all its lumens from a 270 Watt SHP (i.e. count on big clear section).

4. Panasonic will have their new 50" plasma at the show.

5. Nec will show their new 61" there.

6. Other new Plasmas will be there from Fujitsu and other up and coming names.

Also, as you have heard the shoot out will be much smaller this year. Many companies are simply wussin' out. "You can't win if you don't play."

Hope to see you there. It will be another exciting time this year. I don't know if the show will take a more HT route like we started to see last year. One can only hope.

-Mr. Wigggles

Ps. I know nothing about Infocus' HT product status but considering the small size of their both this year it doesn't look very promising. I am still trying to stay optimistic.

------------------

The Mothership is now boarding.

[This message has been edited by MrWigggles (edited 06-01-2001).]

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWigggles:
3. There will be a 2000 lumen 1-chip DLP projector at the show, but I don't know from who possibly Infocus.
I asked about this in another thread, but it probably matches your comment above...

Infocus LP530 DLP PROJECTOR 2000 LUMENS XGA 1024X768 6 LBS $4929.83

listed on a major web storefront....

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Wiggles,

I don't know how big InFocus' booth was in previous years, but this year they have a 50'x50' booth right next to TI's 80'x 50' booth. Both of these look to be large compared to most exhibitors, and the InFocus HT could be shown at either booth. Also, Faroudja's booth is in the same area, and the HT could even be shown there if the scaler rumors are true.

-phil

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I can't wait to meet you guys! Look for a guy that looks like an older version of the picture on the left <--.

I am looking forward to seeing the new Sony 11HT and to see what JVC has for a home theater offering. Tom Stites has hinted that there will be something special there from JVC for the HT crowd.

Wiggles, Jas, Phil - What days are you guys going to be there?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mark, I knew you took liberties with Photoshop!

I'm gonna try to make it to the show Wednesday morning. I think our flight leaves Vegas later that afternoon.

Kirk

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be there on Thursday and Friday.

I will have on a "Burke Baker Planetarium" shirt on Thursday and a "SkySkan" shirt on Friday. But if I get a chance to visit the Liberachi Museum I will buy some garbs and will probably look like my photo above.

Thumper and myself will be touring the floor together. He will be there all three days probably wearing the same clothes each day. By Friday, you should be able to smell his proximity.

Good luck,

-Mr. Wigggles

------------------

The Mothership is now boarding.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
To all that will be attending Infocomm,

Please Stop by the Stewart Filmscreen booth and say hi. It would be nice to put faces to some of the names.

Mr. Wigggles...How is your project going?

Regards,

Don

[This message has been edited by Don Stewart (edited 06-02-2001).]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi All,

I'm really jazzed about going to Infocomm, as I'm on the brink of buying a projector.

Would it be possible to meet up with some of you digital projector veterans for a 5 minute conversation. A simple comment like, "the 11HT in this booth doesn't look tweaked, but check out the one over there" would help me greatly.

My core interests are:

Sony 11HT

Sanyo PVL-60

JVC DS-1 (& whatever else shows up from JVC)

Faroudja NR

Stewart Grayhawk (this is the only easy decision, so far)

It has been very difficult to gain any experience viewing these types of projectors, as nobody seems to carry them locally, or they want to charge you retail, but they don't have a display unit.

So, I decided to take a day and scope them out all at once.

I'll be there all day Wednesday. Maybe we could meet at the Stewart Filmscreen booth at noon, or something like that.

Any thoughts?

------------------

Don't let my username scare you - those are just my initials.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Quote:
the Stewart Filmscreen booth at noon
Noon. Wednesday. Stewart Filmscreen Booth.

Official AVS meeting spot at Infocomm.

I will be there. I hope to meet you all!

·
Registered
760 Posts
To those who will attend:

Please report back on the Panny Plasma. I'm waiting to buy this unit. There has just been too much speculation on when it will be available, and it would be nice to get it straight from the horse's mouth. Exact dates and MSRP would be welcome.

Thanks,

Luca

------------------

PICTURES OF MY THEATER
albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1659592&a=12715694&f=0

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.