AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to order a new dallas chip, but there are soooooo many versions. The one that is in my ECP4100 right now is a DS1235YW-150. Which new chip should I replace it with? I want to make absolutely sure I get the correct one!

Thanks,

--Eric

· Registered
23 Posts
Well seeing as how the experts are not replying I'll say that I've always seen the DS1230Y-150 as the one to get, that's coming from Mike Newman so you know it's accurate :)

I just replaced my DS1225??-200 with this chip on the weekend and noticed a lot of improvements.

Good Luck

Rich

· Registered
120 Posts
Here's a couple of more beginners questions (sorry Mozeke):

Where is this chip located?

Is it a difficult mod to do?

I'm also curious, what improvement can you expect when you replace this chip?

Thanks, Henrik

· Registered
23 Posts
Sorry guys, I guess my post was a little misleading. Replacing the Dallas chip won't "improve" an ECP that's not exhibiting any quirky behavior.

Mine was. The biggest problem I had was the convergence would not stay perfect from day to day so I had to touch it up all the time and I had a strange horizontal line in the picture. Both problems are now gone.

I do remember reading the newer chips were an improved design, what they improve and if you'll notice it I don't know.

My chip was dated 1990 so it was well overdue for replacement anyway.

Nardjinku,

It's easy to replace if you need to. It's on the remote board which is the third from the right if ceiling mounted, behind the back panel, the one with the red reset button on it. The chip actually says Dallas on it.

It's not a mod really.

If you do a search on ECP Dallas chip you'll come up with a long list of problems that this chip might fix. It's a cheap shot in the dark for quirky behavior.

Rich

· Registered
58 Posts
Ah... That makes more sense. So it's effectively a replacement of a failed part (i.e. a dead battery). I just had a hard time believing how memory could offer any improvement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.