AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built my HTPC about two years ago and although I don't use it much its time to update its video and sound card the reason I don't use it is because of reliablity issues what is the newest Video card (NO RADEON CARDS ARE ACCEPTIBLE TO ME) they are not user friendly in my opinion and soundcard along with software should I purchase I was thinking about the Geforce 4 any suggestions.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kjohn
I built my HTPC about two years ago and although I don't use it much its time to update its video and sound card the reason I don't use it is because of reliablity issues what is the newest Video card (NO RADEON CARDS ARE ACCEPTIBLE TO ME) they are not user friendly in my opinion and soundcard along with software should I purchase I was thinking about the Geforce 4 any suggestions.
My 7500 is quite stable. At $99 I feel.. oh wait.. no radeons. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Wait for the Matrox. If not, you might be kicking yourself later on. :)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I agree, Matrox Parhelia looks to be quite cool.

What is your current specs and maybe we can suggest some upgrades? It is always very easy to spend others money! Is there anything you want the HTPC to do that it doesn't do right now? Reasonable requests only please. :)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I currently have a geforce mx2 32meg videocard Asus A7V133 motherboard Duron 850mhz processor Turtle Beach Santa cruz soundcard 384megs of 133 ram PowerDVD 3.0 Powerstrip 3.0 Windows 98se and an Asus 8x's DVD rom drive. An Antec 708B case and a Airboard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.