AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm currently running a Yamaha RX-V575, Klipsch KB-15 (Icon) bookshelf speakers, Klipsch KC-25 (Icon) center and a Klipsch SW-350 8" subwoofer. I've had this setup for about a year. The system can get loud but that's all it is, loud. I feel I need more depth/clarity/detail. I'm in the market to upgrade everything. My room is approximately 9300 cubic feet... Behind the listening position (living room) is the dining room with windows. I have vaulted ceilings and everything is open. I've been looking at the Def Tech SM65 for LCR and PSA XV15SE x2 for subwoofers. Due to my layout, surrounds are unfortunately out of the question and that makes me pretty sad. I'm going to be posting this thread in other subforums pertaining to the component I'm asking about. My question for this subforum is- due to my room acoustics, would I greatly benefit from a receiver with Audyssey MultEQ XT32 over my current Yamaha? I'm looking at either the Denon X4100 or Marantz SR7008. Seeing as I only have a front stage and subs, should I go another route? I'd like to keep the receiver around $1500 or less. It will be used primarily for television and movies.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
seeing that you probably wont be doing Atmos due to your room restrictions

why do you go buy a refurbished Denon 4520 from accessories4less?

They are $799 and come with a 1 year warranty
You could probably extended the warranty to several years for about $100 more

better build quality than either of those other options you mentioned

Warren

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would the build quality be better?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, accessories4less has a NEW 4520 for $200 more at $999 with a 3 year manufacturer's warranty. Is that better than a new x4100 or the sr7008?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, one more. My question kind of went unanswered... Would I noticed a huge difference in my current sound quality with the XT32 opposed to my Yahama?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Is this your house? If you don't have space, in ceiling surrounds can be a good option with excellent aesthetics. You'd just need to run the wires through the walls. That would get you surround which would be a nice improvement.

It's not the best room for listening given the size. You're also using small bookshelf speakers. Assuming they're setup correctly, you might want some towers instead. A second sub will make a difference given the space.

In terms of the XT32, not everyone likes room correction, so would it make a difference? If you like what room correction does then it would. Is it better than the Yamaha? nobody has really ever tested. You've had groups on here get together to do testing, but they're all too nice to bother to pick a winner of the tests.

You might want to replace things one at a time to see how things go. That said, what you hear will be biased. If you just spent money on something, your emotions want it to sound good. there's a lot of bias there.

Start with a second sub. It's supported by your AVR. Go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.