AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cheap center "theater research" brand. Its small. Is there more sound out there that im missing? I seem to get good voices with some dvds..BUT in others I dont? I really like my center to scream.

Can I use any type of speaker for the center and get the same results from using a "center channel" labeled speaker??

Im looking at getting some new fronts "not sure of what yet"..BUT I was thinking of getting 3 so I can use one for a center..

·
Registered
29,106 Posts
Whatever you do, get 3 speakers from the same manufacturer and product line. If you get 3 of the exact same speaker that's even better!

Just give us a budget and type of speaker (i.e. tower, bookshelf) and maybe we can help.

Theater Research sounds like a white van product. Not good.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/16909490

Whatever you do, get 3 speakers from the same manufacturer and product line. If you get 3 of the exact same speaker that's even better!

Just give us a budget and type of speaker (i.e. tower, bookshelf) and maybe we can help.

Theater Research sounds like a white van product. Not good.

I bought the theater research at my local pawn shop for like 50$ for 2 small surround and the center. It was my first "TRIAL" step into full 7.1 surround. Just to see if I was gonna like it.

Its been a while now and im just looking at other options soon. Im not ready to buy anything Im just looking and trying to get some info and answers. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.