AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have narrowed it down to the Samsung LN-T4671F or the Samsung LN-T5265F. I don't know if I should go with the 120Hz or just get a bigger screen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I have had both in hte past few days. I'm wanting to keep the LNT5265, but at the moment the new firmware/hardware used on these sets is being questioned. The new boards just don't have the pop and picture that this set originally had.


Right now, without tweaking the 71 series is better, but I'm still working on getting my 65 series calibrated properly. (or atleast to my liking)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwondi /forum/post/12903228


I have had both in hte past few days. I'm wanting to keep the LNT5265, but at the moment the new firmware/hardware used on these sets is being questioned. The new boards just don't have the pop and picture that this set originally had.


Right now, without tweaking the 71 series is better, but I'm still working on getting my 65 series calibrated properly. (or atleast to my liking)

I'm having an issue with my 46" 4665F (strange power relay clicking sound during power on/off) and plan to exchange for a new one. Which manufacturing dates are normally supposed to be the better quality and not have these visual defects?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickeleye /forum/post/12903312


I'm having an issue with my 46" 4665F (strange power relay clicking sound during power on/off) and plan to exchange for a new one. Which manufacturing dates are normally supposed to be the better quality and not have these visual defects?

That clikcing sound I do believe is normal. My parents have a 2 year old Toshiba and Westinghouse that both do it. Also, I work with large panel LCD's at work (8 of them to be exact) and all of them have clicking relays as well.


Mine does it when I turn it on, and turn it off. It's just a small little click though and doesn't bother me one bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwondi /forum/post/12903404


That clikcing sound I do believe is normal. My parents have a 2 year old Toshiba and Westinghouse that both do it. Also, I work with large panel LCD's at work (8 of them to be exact) and all of them have clicking relays as well.


Mine does it when I turn it on, and turn it off. It's just a small little click though and doesn't bother me one bit.

No, this is multiple clicks that are intermittent for about a minute or so. I've never had one TV I've owned do this. It doesn't seem normal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickeleye /forum/post/12903472


No, this is multiple clicks that are intermittent for about a minute or so. I've never had one TV I've owned do this. It doesn't seem normal.

Ok, that doesn't sound normal. All the ones I'm referring to are one single click, that's it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwondi /forum/post/12903482


Ok, that doesn't sound normal. All the ones I'm referring to are one single click, that's it.

Damn you Samsung! Lol. Just when I was getting used to this TV I'm going to have to exchange and hope for a good one back. I got such a good deal on it that upgrading to a higher model Samsung or Sony would cost me hundreds more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickeleye /forum/post/12903511


Damn you Samsung! Lol. Just when I was getting used to this TV I'm going to have to exchange and hope for a good one back. I got such a good deal on it that upgrading to a higher model Samsung or Sony would cost me hundreds more.

Yea, same here. I bought the 71 series as well, and want to keep the 65 because it's so much cheaper. I haven't seen the benefit of 120hz yet, and if I can get this 65 series calibrated to look good it will stay.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top