AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read so many forums and just can't get a clear answer for what I am looking for....Any advice would be great.

Here is what I am looking for....

A gaming TV 100%

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Your in luck. This same question is asked 3 times a day so there are plenty of threads if you scan the first 5 pages of the forum. You can also type in "32" into the forum search and find many threads from people asking about 32 inch sets.

You should also check out the Input Lag thread and do your own research there. Good luck

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1131464

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey omelet,

I have been searching the forums for the past 4 hours and just can't find an answer.

I see that you have been here a long time and are probably annoyed by people like me.

I went to about 2 dozen threads including the input lag wars thread and couldn't find a green tv that I could buy at Best Buy. All those tv's are so overpriced on amazon because they are mostly discontinued.

So if you could just spare some of your wisdom on one or two 32" tvs that in your mind are the best for gaming, that would be awesome.

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo91 /forum/post/19546074

hey omelet,

I have been searching the forums for the past 4 hours and just can't find an answer.

I see that you have been here a long time and are probably annoyed by people like me.

I went to about 2 dozen threads including the input lag wars thread and couldn't find a green tv that I could buy at Best Buy. All those tv's are so overpriced on amazon because they are mostly discontinued.

So if you could just spare some of your wisdom on one or two 32" tvs that in your mind are the best for gaming, that would be awesome.

Thanks

I too am looking for a gaming tv in the 32" to 42". I been looking at the Samsung ln42c650 (or C630) and the Panasonic TC-P42S2 or TC-P42G25. Not sure what to go with. It well be in a low light environment but will most likely be moved to the living room with a huge bay window. Any suggestions. (Hope I didn't bombard your thread) I hope to serve you help also

·
Registered
72 Posts
how would you even notice no input lag or otherwise gaming on a CRT if you've never had a flat panel?

just because you play FPS games doesnt mean you will right away notice a big difference. the extra detail you get will improve your reaction time and make a bigger difference than any input lag.

do so more research rather than just skimming through threads. have some patience and consider trying out several models from the store.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Codename_Falcon - does the LG42LD550 or 46" version fall into the same acceptance in regards to low input gaming? I was looking at the 42/46" editions...

and when you mentioned IPS panels - how can/do we tell (provided that we are purchasing online)... from searching it was something to do with a "W" somewhere, but I lost that thread/post. I couldn't find any local store retailers that have this model now) - went to a few yesterday. Thanks for filling us in

·
Banned
1,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballhooters /forum/post/19547002

Playstation is hardly gaming in my opinion

Oh no.. hardcore like, eh?

·
Registered
16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballhooters /forum/post/19547002

You can't be positive a tv has an IPS panel if you purchase online. Playstation is hardly gaming in my opinion and any television should be adequate.

What are we exactly looking for? I've been to a few stores here in Atlanta,GA - didn't come across the LD550 series - who carries 'em?

·
Registered
421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename_Falcon /forum/post/19546612

If low input lag is what you're after, go with the LG 32LD550. Make sure it has an IPS panel.

Do you know of any quantified measurements of input lag on the LD550/LD650? I've dug through the official thread and input lag thread, but can't find anything aside from anecdotal evidence. I'm curious to know if the entire LD line is blessed with low input lag.

·
Registered
52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename_Falcon /forum/post/19549971

My mistake... I meant the 32LD450. It only has 1 frame of input lag.

If you want 120hz then go with the 32LD550 or 32LE5300.

What is the big difference between the LD550 and the LE5300? Besides price. What would be better for gaming AND watching movies/satellite TV?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts