AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised to learn that the Vizio 4K sets don't display native youtube 4K. I tried my 50" P series last night and all it would do was stream the 1080p version of the videos. Is it the VP9 support that is required to view youtube 4K on a TV set natively?

So what TVs can display native youtube 4K? I was able to get youtube 4K to display by hooking up my laptop and outputting 4k @ 30 FPS from the computer to the TV. The image quality was simply breath taking through the computer. Can any set achieve this with youtube content natively without the use or a computer or other external device?

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2015 tvs only. 2014 Samsung tvs will be able to after they upgrade with new one connect box next month.
Which 2015 TVs specifically? Just Samsungs? Just certain 2015 Samsung models? Do the 2015 Samsung models already support it or do those have to wait as well?

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
My Samsung JS9000 appears to be showing Youtube 4k. I'm using the builtin Youtube app and a 16Mbps net link. I say "appears to be" because I don't know how to tell for sure. The play-progress bar isn't labeled with a resolution, and the TV's "Info" button gives no result. I'm pretty sure it's 4k, though. It's quite beautiful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts