AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cedar Peaks 1.0 and 2.0
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of butter do you use with your hot butter dispenser or Presto Hot Topper or "baby bottle warmer"?

I have a cheap transparent plastic squeeze bottle (similar in size to diner ketchup bottles) I just simply put in 3 table spoons of Country Crock butter (which we already had in the fridge), then I put it in the microwave for 45 seconds until butter melted, then I tried to squeeze the butter on my fresh popcorn and it made it very soggy (kinda like soggy cereal in milk).

I am very happy with my 8 oz popper and Country Harvest popcorn packs, I am just trying to figure out an easy and cheap way to butter up my freshly-popped popcorn.

At this point I cannot afford to buy one of those $300 warm butter dispensers, but I wouldn't mind buying the same Presto Hot Topper if I can find one cheap. But I am still unsure what type of butter to use with a Hot Topper or just a bottle warmer. Obviously the cheap Country Crock butter made my popcorn wet, not buttery

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Many specialty grocery stores carry clarified butter or ghee (Indian cuisine). I like the more nutty taste of ghee and can buy it much cheaper than the butter that is specially packaged for popcorn.

·
Registered
Cedar Peaks 1.0 and 2.0
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamW /forum/post/15417096

Here's a link to a website that carriess many popcorn "butters". Lou Ana is a favorite of brickie's.

http://www.kanokorn.com/popcornbuttertopping.asp

Thanks for the link Pam, they are kinda pricey but soggy popcorn is a terrible thing to taste, so I may have to spend $17 on butter, are there any cheaper alternatives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakpakva /forum/post/15417145

Many specialty grocery stores carry clarified butter or ghee (Indian cuisine). I like the more nutty taste of ghee and can buy it much cheaper than the butter that is specially packaged for popcorn.

So do I need to go to an Indian/Asian/Middle-eastern shops to find this "ghee" butter? is there anything similar at the local grocery store? (Walmart, Albertsons, Kroger's, King Soopers...etc)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.