AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what you guys thought would be the best screen for my HT setup. I will have a 106" screen with plasmas on either side of the screen(37, 42 or 50') They will actually be slightly in front of screen as I will be anchoring them with an arm so I can move them in and out of the viewing area. The room will be totally light controlled, but when viewing these plasmas while viewing the projector there will most be some low level lighting in the rear of the room so that the fridge area can be seen. Probably one of the grey screens is optimal, but wanted some input from the forum. Thanks for your feedback!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one has any comments on this? I know someone on here has done something similar to this. I cant be the only football freak that watches 3 games at once.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I used to do that with CRT's.....sitting here watching Monday Night Football in HD on a 110" now...just envisioning that set up...if the main use for the PJ will be sports I would think a higher gain screen with plenty of brightness to compete with the plasmas.

What are you throwing the projected image with?

( I also think smaller would be better than larger on plasmas by the way. I'm sure you've set in a sports room in Vegas or a bar where there are multiple large projections and it's much easier to "monitor" the other games with the smaller image than to constantly flick your eyes back and forth from big screen to big screen)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill probably be using a Dwin TV4. Ive heard good things about it from a local installer who only does high end theatres and its the only "budget" DLP he would use or so he says. I believe it is rated 1500:1 Lumens, but Id have to double check that. Im going with 42" plasmas on either side of the screen. Thought 37" was too small and 50" too big and too much money for the budget.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.