AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an NEC HT1000, Integra 7.3 receiver, Bell Expressvu 6000 satellite receiver, Kenwood DVD Player and will buy the Samsung HD931 when it comes out.

I am considering Harmony or Pronto remotes but I am concerned about the need to give the HT1000 a continuous power feed to turn on the unit... can any of these remotes be programmed to do that??

I like the ease of use promised by Harmony but doesn't look like I can tweak everything as easy as it would be with a Pronto?

I am very familiar with remote controls and are not intimidated by them at all (unlike some people I know).

Thanks

Bruno

Toronto, Canada

·
Registered
897 Posts
I use the MX500. It's a great remote with a nice backlit screen and hard buttons. It accepts macro programming and can turn on my HT1000. It has a better range than any of the standard remotes I received with my equipment (except for RF remotes) and will operate any of my equipment from anywhere in the room. Here's a list of what I use it for off the top of my head, though I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

ExpressVu Sat

Pioneer Elite AV amp

Panasonic RP56 DVD

Hitachi VCR

Toshiba LD

Toshiba RP 50inch

NEC HT1000

Dalite Screen (motorized)

:D

·
Registered
695 Posts
How do you get the MX500 to turn on the HT1000? Can you make it turn it off, too? I can't get either to work reliably.

-Dylan

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The new Pronto TSU3000 also has the ability to send RF signals. Great if your equipment is in a closet or another room.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Glenn,

Did the MX-500 has preprogammed codes for the the Dalite or did you teach it w/Dalite Remote?

·
Registered
897 Posts
I didn't use any of the pre-programmed settings on the MX500. I used my existing remotes to program it. It doesn't take long.

Turning on and off the HT1000 isn't programmed into a macro. I hold the power on button or power off button down just like on the NEC remote.

·
Registered
JVC RS500U, 2.35:1 125" screen, Marantz AV7705, 11.2 Def Tech speakers, Sunfire Theater Grand 400x7
3,091 Posts
I'm using the Pronto TSU-2000 that I've had for a while now. Works great for all my equipment including the HT1000. Check out the following thread for pronto codes file for the HT1000. The .ccf definitely supports discrete on and off for the NEC.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...000+AND+pronto

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am using the MX-800 with the HT1000 and I have no problem turning the projector on or off.

Its RF capabilities are very handy for me as my screen comes down in front of my equipment rack. It is a great remote.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'll toss another vote for the Pronto. I'm using the lowly old TSU-1000 and control:

HT1000

Sony HD200

Adcom GTP-760 pre/pro

Sony 875p mega dvd changer

Holo 3D on HTPC

Toshiba RPTV

I couldn't live without it.

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.