AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know currently the Star Trek TOS, and the Star Trek movies will probably remain with Paramount.

But what is coming in sci fi on bluray? I am interested in hearing what sci fi movies and titles are coming, even if they do not have official street dates yet?

I know Stargate Atlantis was shot in HD from day one and announced two years ago for hi def release, but we have not heard another word since on that one, so I think we can cross Atlantis off our lists.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I want Dark City (New Line)

And once Paramount starts releasing on BR again, Event Horizon as well!

I'll also take pretty much the entire list from MRMOTA.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Resident Evil trilogy (Is this sci-fi or horror?)

The Invasion

The 6th Day

Probable releases include Alien vs. Predator: Requiem, and if Pixar follows it's release pattern for Cars and Ratatouille, we should also expect Wall-e this year as well.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
It hasn't been rumored or anything, but Minority Report is probably my most-wanted sci-fi title (except maybe Alien). However, I can already hear the complaints as it is a very grainy movie.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrexl /forum/post/12853822

It hasn't been rumored or anything, but Minority Report is probably my most-wanted sci-fi title (except maybe Alien). However, I can already hear the complaints as it is a very grainy movie.

That reminds me. Didn't we hear that Aliens were coming in '08 last year?

The first two I would love on HD. Don't really care for the rest though.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammenion /forum/post/12853833

That reminds me. Didn't we hear that Aliens were coming in '08 last year?

The first two I would love on HD. Don't really care for the rest though.

I don't remember hearing anything, but many requested it, so maybe it morphed from wishful thinking into a rumor that they were coming.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I would think that the master they did for Alien a few years ago for the theatrical release and the Quadrilogy is pretty good. I hope we get both cuts, and I think we will, as the original cut is preferred by Ridley Scott (and myself).

However, Aliens did not get a new transfer, so it probably should be redone. Apparently they need James Cameron's approval to do new transfers of his films, so who knows when that will happen?

·
Registered
90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrexl /forum/post/12853897

I don't remember hearing anything, but many requested it, so maybe it morphed from wishful thinking into a rumor that they were coming.

Actually I think your right. I been trying to remember where I read that and I'm pretty sure it was about a year ago here.

So, My guess is I read it in a beatboy thread or something.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMOTA /forum/post/12853756

I, Robot

ID4

Predator

Gattaca

I am Legend

Godzilla
Across the Universe

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

i dont think across the univ is sci-fi.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought season 1 on HD-DVD , it was a bit dark and gritty, but I like the show enough to buy it on Bluray.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
I read a few weeks ago that Alien and Aliens are slated for 2009

Hope Universal releases THE THING soon. (I once owned this on HD-DVD and it was wonderful)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Time to ask the question again, so far the Star Trek Movies and Series, what else is coming this year in Sci Fi on Bluray?

·
23,030 Posts
Everything that's been announced is already posted. Otherwise, please use the wishlist thread at top.

larry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.