AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace my TV in my new place with a viewing distance of about 7 feet. I'm trying to decide between 55 or a 65 inch 4K set with viewing angles of 32 and 37 respectively. THX seems to recommend 40 degrees as ideal but everyone already seems to think that my 60 inch set looks too large here. I don't see any problems watching movies at that size and viewing distance, however, watching the news where there's text on bars along the bottom of the screen causes me to have to dart my eyes around a bit more to focus on things along the edges. I also wonder whether video games would be a problem at this viewing distance.

This leaves me curious what TV size and viewing distance (specifically, viewing angle) most of you are using. What are peoples' experience playing games or just watching regular TV with a screen size that large? Is it going to irritate all my friends and family anytime they come to watch a movie?

http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Don't get 4k . Bigger is always better

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I sit 2ft to 10 ft from my 60'' depending on the guests coming over regardless of what content im watching

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.