AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the wrong spot originally. Hi all, just getting ready to complete my home theatre after a year of building a new house and spending much of my time on this exciting new venture. The wife and I are in a heated "debate" over anything action (me) and argh...Titanic. So what was the first movie you watched to get the full effect of your new room?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
When we added the Blu Ray, we watched (are you ready for this?)
Ice Age - The Meltdown

Excellent for detail as well as sound. Very much a crowd pleaser, too

When I think back on when we finished our theater, we watched Independence Day. Of course, that was a while back.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All really good choices. The wife and I are looking at the thread to see what everyone else watched. We are so excited, it's just hard to know what to pick. Would love to hear what everyone else watched.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Troy was the first DVD through my projector, but it was connected to my laptop.

I think the first movie I saw in the theater was "The break up" (DVD through my upconverting dvd player).

When I'm up there, I'm usually watching season 5 of 24 (7 more episodes to go).

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wow....put me down for Finding Nemo too! Bright, bold, fun to watch w/ kids of all ages, and a perfect movie to show you why you got a home theater!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I introduced my 8-yr-old son (who loves Dinosaurs) and 11-yr-old daughter to Jurassic Park.

And I introduced my neighbors to my dual SVS subs. ;-)

·
Registered
305 Posts
For our new theater, our first movie was "The Polar Express". I worked my butt off to finish before Christmas. I finished about 8pm on Christmas Eve. I showed to my 6 year old son and 4 year old daughter. The Buttkickers felt awesome when the train scenes came on. They LOVED it!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Oops! Titanic for me.

My first movie was shown on a piece of blackout cloth and we had no chairs yet.

Of course it was great and we were excited to be watching the first one. The movie is well suited for the big screen and it does have some really nice LFE's.

If I had to choose now with the HD formats available, I might have to go with something like King Kong for its reference quality on audio and video.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.