Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RalphWonderLama
Subject says it all...
What about:

"I was watching something else and my ReplayTV was doing nothing" or

"I was watching a recorded program while nothing was currently recording" or

"I was recording something entirely different while watching a movie I recorded last week" or

"State of the Union, what's that?"

You've got to give equal time to the apolitical while you're at it! :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by l8er
What about:

"I was watching something else and my ReplayTV was doing nothing" or

"I was watching a recorded program while nothing was currently recording" or

"I was recording something entirely different while watching a movie I recorded last week" or

"State of the Union, what's that?"

You've got to give equal time to the apolitical while you're at it! :D
I was watching a recorded program and recording nothing. I do want to know why ten different stations are broadcasting it. One is plenty, or two at the most. I'm not unconcerned but enough already. For things like this I'd rather read about it in the newspaper. Maybe it's all the applause. I'm not making a political statement and I do watch the Sunday morning (and Sat. Afternoon ,Mclaughlin Group,) political shows but The State of the Union feels more like a political ad. Bush and Clinton both. Again I think this is something that plays better in the paper.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Or "It was recording when my girlfriend had not yet arrived and then, when she arrived, it was playing for her while I was in the other room trying very hard not to hear anything."

Bush makes me ill.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Where's the option: bush is a friggin' treasonous joke and who gives a shiit!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I would of went for the "Watching something recorded while recording something else" option, but that was mysteriously missing from the choices. I smell a consperacy :)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
It was sitting doing nothing & saving on the electricity bill,

We need to pay for our high health care cost some how. ;)

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
what about:

State of the Union Address, what's that ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No it is not a conspiracy... Or at least that is the answer I am sticking to... even if it is a conspiracy.

I guess I should have had options of:

I am using my ReplayTV to record or watch shows that are more interesting than the State of the Union Address.

Or

I don't like those fake reality TV shows like the State of the Union Address.

;-)

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by icecow2003
Where's the option: bush is a friggin' treasonous joke and who gives a shiit!
:D :D :D

Cow, you crack me up!

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Hey, Cow, be nice. Bush is alright (most of the time) and so are you (most of the time).

BTW, the State of the Union was in Hi Def and I was recording segments of it on the Replay to share with another guy here so he could see how the Replay does with Hi Def content.

Tim

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have no idea... I'm still watching shows from before thanksgiving!

Robert

·
Registered
556 Posts
"Watching something recorded while recording something else"

I don't watch much network TV these days and I watch even less "political themed" tv.. So I managed to avoid the speech totally, I'll read the summary on CNN or some other news site when i am ready to.. The replay has been a godsend for things like that.. I hate to say this, but during 9/11 when all that was going on, I was glad to have some "normal" television recorded to escape to .. sometimes the media overkills things to the point where it desensitizes you to indifference..

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Creech
:D :D :D

Cow, you ....
Just for the record. That's not me! I think the dude is funny too, and I'm honored to have a delectably crazed imposter(is that imposter or brother!. I better go with imposter!. It's better then tivo either way..

Just a week or so ago I considered starting a thread..

OT: Saiyonce--Calling icecow2003. Come in icecow2003.

to see what happened. Now I don't need to.

cow

As far as bush goes, I have my own theory.

Bush is a renegade martian.

http://www.rebirthman.de/alien/alien_mars.jpg

His mission was to become president and screw with the world.
http://www.rebirthman.de/alien/alien_mars2.jpg

His inaugral deed was to create havoc using spaceships cloaked as jet airliners.
http://adventurecon.com/Mars-Attack-1+++.jpg

Then used most of the budget to invaded iraq just to screw with people.

But then he wanted to be Just Like Husein and planned to conquor his own planet mars! (and starting reading up on noreaga too)

Sent a message back to his home planet(Mars) to shoot down the UK probe thingy, but to let the US Spirit land. He said it was part of a plan to screw with Earthlings heads. But he's really using it to spy on his own people and plan for an attack.

He plans to embezzel from the 'moon' project thing/health care and create a secret project. The people in all nations will wince at his televised announcment that a fleet of $billion dollar spacecrafts are being launched to find iraqy weapons of mass destruction on mars. But the real mision is to stike the single core generator(starwars style) which would take 300 years to rebuild, plenty of time to conquer mars with America's cheezy nasa and bowing technologies.
http://www.quantumss.freeserve.co.uk...s/MarsBomb.jpg

His real health care program(June, 2006)
http://www.horschamp.qc.ca/Images/mars5.jpg

cow

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not an imposter... but, well, read my sig!

;)

Carlin's take on bush get's my vote before that idiot EVER would...:

Quote:
GC: "Show us your Bush"

So as far as I'm concerned, that whole thing in the Persian Gulf was nothing more than one big prick-waving dick-fight.

In this particular case, Saddam Hussein questioned the size of George Bush's dick. And George Bush had been called a wimp for so long... notice wimp rhymes with limp... he apparently felt the need to act out his manhood fantasies by sending America's white children to kill other people's brown children.

Clearly the worst kind of wimp.

Even his name, 'Bush', as slang, is related to the genitals without actually being the genitals.

A bush is sort of a passive, secondary sex characteristic.

I can't help thinking, if this man's name had been George Boner... well, he might have felt a little better about himself, and he wouldn't have had to kill all those children. Too bad he couldn't locate his manhood.
Okay, so that's about the first shrub we had for prez... but still somewhat fitting, no?

George Boner for PREZ!!! :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
I know no one will believe me, but I'm a little behind on the news and I literally didn't know the State of the Union Address was on till this morning as last night my Replay was busy showing me the Australian Open as recorded in the previous wee hours. I love you, Replay!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rrapoport
Or "It was recording when my girlfriend had not yet arrived and then, when she arrived, it was playing for her while I was in the other room trying very hard not to hear anything."

Bush makes me ill.
I'm not a big GW fan, but all the Democrats want to roll back taxes, which I don't like. I think the rollbacks are/will be effective. Of the Dems, I basically only like Clark.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Goober: If Clark is the only Democrat you like, then you're probably not a Democrat...

Edit: PS - I'll vote for whoever can fix my replay's blue LED.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
I watched it in HD, as it was about the first major news event in HD. The chamber looked glorious (big topic over in the HD forum). You shoulda seen Hilllary and Teddy in HD! :D

BTW, another thread got whacked there for overly political comments. Let's keep it semi-nice, folks!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.