AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched on this, and for some baffling reason no one seems to have started a thread. Well, here one is. As far as I'm concerned, this is the funniest movie I have seen since what I consider the modern gold standard, The 40-year-Old Virgin. What We Do in the Shadows is simultaneously a smart send up of vampire movies, a laugh-out-loud mocumentary of a houseful of young (sort of) vampires bickering with one another, and an oddly sweet and touchng look at trying to fit in in the modern world.

The Brits know about this film already at least, and I suspect the Anzacs and Kiwis do too (it's filmed in New Zealand), and it's so good that sooner or later everybody in the Western Hemisphere will know about it too. If you don't believe me just look it up on rotten tomatoes: it's at 95%. As Christian Toto put it: "Tell your friends you saw the next comedy cult classic before anyone else."

Just go see it. See it with an audience.

Reactions: wizzack

·
Registered
721 Posts
I wasn't able to catch this at the Hawaii International Film Festival last year so was very happy it opened this weekend here.

I thought it was a lot of fun and the cast was great. While the crowd was quite small at the matinee, there was laughter through the whole thing.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Saw this last night with my wife and daughter. Very funny droll movie in the vein of Flight of the Concords type humor. Works on a movie screen because there is enough special effects to make it worthwhile. All three of us enjoyed it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Finally saw this . As a lover of all things horror this film is now near and dear to me . This was the type of humor Mel Brooks would have done . Really funny and oddly sweet . Cradle robber indeed .:D

Reactions: uniquepattern

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I was bustin out laughin when I saw this....

Reminded me of Monty Python type humor for some reason....

The quick sketches of each other because mirrors dont work..... wicked.....:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts