AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately the area I live in has 0 places to view a projector. I'm at least 2 hours to Columbus Ohio where there might be a good place to demo, especially the LCD vs. DLP issue for me.

I will be building a HT this summer and look to purchase equimpment in August/September/October sometime. Is there any news of good or upgraded LCD or DLP projectors that will be coming out in that time frame. HS 10? 300 Panny? Z1? Others...? Under $5K.

AS it is with almost all electronic products there will be a better version latter on. However I would like to know if there is a big difference to pucrchase that equimpment in the fall or hold out till December. What's the latest big news:)

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
No real news, mostly speculation. Most companies will not publish anything until after they have introduced their new products at CEDIA or the like.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
You don't really need to know specific models anyway, since there is no way to know which are the best ones. All that you can be certain of is that something new will be coming out around then. I would expect more than last year.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Seems like the Goo Boys might be on to something. I would look out for their product this year.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've finally got a good paying job, but there are no HS10 to be had for a few months so 3/4 quarter seems worth waiting for.

Like last fall, I think it will be really interesting to see the new crop of projectors and see just how small the gap will get between the >

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Lex,

I don't think you are going to see 1920x1080 for less than $5K this year. Maybe next year. They are still too new and costly, plus, as with anything new, the best technology gets put into the highest end models, then trickles down. I do think it is likely that you may see some HD2 chipped models less than $5K. The biggest question I have is whether HD2 with the Archimedes color wheel will hit this price point.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi Uther,

Its gonna be interesting to see. If its LCD, it just might be under 5k list or selling price like the HT1000. I wouldn't mind getting a HD2 chipped DLP for under 5k either. There is a lot of talk of 1080 panels and the different technologies making them.

Have to wait and see what Sony => HS11, Panasonic =>AE400, Epson => TW200 and the rest have up their sleeves for the coming months.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I cannot even imagine a 1920 x 1080 being sold for

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.