AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I hope this is the right forum. I have a 46" SamsungLNA650 that I want to hang on the wall. At present,all I have is

(1) The TV,

(2) Time Warner HD receiver Box,

(3) Panasonic regular CD/DVD Player,

(4) Panasonic VCR,

(5) I have an old Sony Prologic (non-HDMI) surround sound receiver (9 years old)

(6) Newly installed outlet for behind TV

Now I ask you, should I dump the regular CD/DVD player and get a Blue ray player AND a regular DVD Upconverter player, or is that overkill? I mean, do I really need Both? (I still want to play audio CD's and Mp3 discs) And I may also want to get a newer HDMI Surround sound too.

I will need one HDMI for the TV (in wall)

Do I need additional HDMI for the BlueRay inside the wall too? Or does everything besides the TV HDMI connect to the HD Cable box and I only have one HDMI in the wall?

If I use the old surround sound, I will need composite (or better)cables to the TV (inside walls)?

As you can see, I'm dense on these issues..Is there any sites that can explain this further? Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You just have to look at each of the boxes and figure out what the best connection they offer. If you have the option of using HDMI, go for it.

The HD Reciever box likely has an HDMI out, if not you'll be using Component. The rest will likely simply be component. Its possible the CD/DVD player will have an optical out for audio as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts