AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have DishNetwork. I have 2 dishes (a 500 and a 300) with the 300 at 61.5 for HDTV. I have an SW-64 and 4 receivers (a 6000, 4700, 2700 and DishPlayer 7100). Since I already get CBS-HD via OTA, I'd rather get HDNet from DirecTV. But thats not the reason I want to switch - the reason is that I abhore dish's equipment. I loved the dishplayer, but its only gotten worse with each software upgrade. I have a TiVo (love it) (controlling the 2700), but being that I have that receiver hooked to my HDTV, I'd rather have a DirecTiVo since it records the datastream without compression.

So as far as infrastructre goes, what would I need to do (if its possible) to take advantage of my existing equipment (not the receivers obviously), or should I just sell it and get a new directv subscriber deal?

Are there monthly fees on either the DirecTiVo or the Ultimate TV? Or can you pay for lifetime/year service, etc.? Ideally, I would want 2 integrated PVR's, an HD receiver, and a cheap-o receiver that I would hook my SA tivo up to..

Thanks for any info, and if anyone is interested in any of the Dish equipment, I'll let ya know if/when I make the switch..

-Frank

·
Registered
95 Posts
There are fees for DirectTV/Tivo or Ultimate TV. They are $9.95 a month. TIVO also gives you the option of paying a lifetime fee (good only for particular receiver) of $249. I've seen the DirectTV/TIVO receivers for $80 for new DirectTV customers (go to the TIVO website). An integrated receiver and DVR means that there is no degrade of quality of the recording, so all of your recordings are flawless (there is no choice in quality mode).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.