AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks

I was planning to buy SageTv HD but was thinking of distributing the video / sound to 5-6 zones in my house.

2 of the Zones would be a 6.1 and 7.1 surround sound system where as the rest I can live with the TV's stereo sound.

What are my options for such a setup. I plan to put my SageTV , HTPC and AV receivers (currently I have 2 - one 6.1 and one 7.1) already.

Thanks folks

Regards

Stanley Si

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Get Sage HDextenders, they're the simplest & most robust way to do that.

I bought 2, retired one of my HTPCs, Much more energy efficient than a PC.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi IVB

Yup I plan to get 2 but since I want to use it from about 5-6 rooms ... how do I do it? Can't afford to buy 1 HD extender for each room
. And I am assuming that at any one time at most 2 places will be using the extenders.

Thanks

Stanley

·
Registered
67 Posts
Then you just cannot afford it, however in the log run it is the cheapest solution. So I dunno what to tell ya...

For SD TVs you can use the Hauppauge Media MVP but in the big picture it can only save you $5-600 assuming you had no HDTVs at all.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Any other path will generate more complexity and brittleness, and will be a gigantic pain in the ass. You'd need a matrix switcher, then some way to control it in each room, then wiring, etc etc.

Get the 5-6 extenders over time if you can't do it all at once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts