AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be an improvement or not? Can you stack dlp's?

Just curious,

Chris

·
Registered
16 Posts
I thought about this too, I was thinking about mounting one right side up(below the image on a stand) and the other one upside down on the ceiling (above the image) that way you could get the convergence right.

The only other way I could think of would be to use a rear projection screen with one unit behind it and one in front matching the images. I think I am going to try this, think 2200 ft lamberts for $2000!!! how big of an image could I throw?!

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Are you saying you want to project two images simultaneously? WHY?

Just buy an even better projector.?>?

Also how would you broadcast the same image through two units?

Seems kind of a silly effot to me, but what do I know?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I agree with Dean,

The sharp M20X, can be had for around $2K.

XGA resolution, 1900 lumens, 1000:1 contrast, I'm not sure if it has a faster color wheel. better than 2 stacked x1s.

James

·
Registered
134 Posts
If this will help reduce rainbows (which in theory, it would), then it could be a worthwhile effort. Widescreen review uses a set of stacked single chip Runco's in one of their theaters, so I certainly think that there is some merit to trying it. Go for it! And let us know how it works :)

BTW, there is a thread in the >$5K forum about this as well...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jcebedo1
I agree with Dean,

The sharp M20X, can be had for around $2K.

XGA resolution, 1900 lumens, 1000:1 contrast, I'm not sure if it has a faster color wheel. better than 2 stacked x1s.

James
I have one. It has a 3x color wheel and a longer throw lens. I got mine in the low $2k range, and some internet pricing eludes that you may be able to get it under this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.