AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to move into an apartment in Fort Worth, Texas and I'm trying to find out what the best antenna would be for me to get to pick up the local HD channels. I entered my info on antennaweb.org and it read that a small multi-directional antenna should work. I believe I'm about 25-30 miles from the broadcast tower.

I don't have the ability to mount an antenna on the roof. My choices are either an indoor antenna or an outdoor on the patio where the Direct TV dish is going to be. I have looked at the Zenith ZHDTV as well as the Terk TV55, TV44 and TV42. I have read bad things about the Terk models, but I would still prefer an outdoor antenna so I can join the signals from the antenna and dish before they have to split to my two receivers. Any ideas, suggestions or good places to learn more? Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Ron, Try posting in the local HDTV info and reception forum and you may get some response from forum members that live in your area. This forum is more for HDTV receivers and STB's and less about OTA reception questions.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Your in the right place Ron just no one around to help. A good choice for a balcony is the 4221 Channel Master, the small screen/bow tie combo. You just need a straight view of the direction of the transmission towers, otherwise it might be a crap shoot what you receive. I have seen the 4221 at Lowes occassionally. You can buy it online many places.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AntennaMan
Your in the right place Ron just no one around to help. A good choice for a balcony is the 4221 Channel Master, the small screen/bow tie combo. You just need a straight view of the direction of the transmission towers, otherwise it might be a crap shoot what you receive. I have seen the 4221 at Lowes occassionally. You can buy it online many places.
The 4221 is a choice for UHF. The ABC affiliate for the DFW area is channel 8 analog and channel 9 digital so you will also need a VHF antenna. I would even suggest trying a rabbit ear type antenna on the patio and see how it works for VHF.

DonP

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
You should check with channel 9 and any other VHF stations. In Sacramento and most other markets the digital channels are all UHF transmissions but they are remapped to the regular channel #. For instance digital channel 3 in Sacto is really 35 and 40=55 13=25 10=61 etc. I will bet the digital stations in FW broadcast on a UHF frequency and then remap to the old analog channel # to make it easier for the consumer to find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.