AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I love the sound of my 4.2's.   Problem is my lady friend is not happy with the size of these monsters.    

I'm looking for something slimmer that I could hopefully still use my KV 3 center with.

Are the reference series on par?  Maybe like the 4.2 II ? 

thx

·
Banned
8,743 Posts
Tell the lady friend you'll slim the speakers down if she slims down first. But seriously, the RF 4.2s will not be on the level of the KG 4.2s. You would probably have to step up to the RF 82s for something comparable. I would just get some RB-81s and add a subwoofer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ  /t/1526366/what-would-you-compare-kg-4-2s-to-thats-available-in-today-market#post_24584075

Tell the lady friend you'll slim the speakers down if she slims down first. But seriously, the RF 4.2s will not be on the level of the KG 4.2s. You would probably have to step up to the RF 82s for something comparable. I would just get some RB-81s and add a subwoofer.
ohh...good one...not sure how well that would go over!

What do you think of the in walls?  Like the R-5800-W-II ?

I forgot to mention I already have a Klipsch Sub-10

·
Registered
19,542 Posts
The Reference series is a better performer over the former KG series

Your KV center will not timbre (voice tone) match the Reference line.

I would prefer a Klipsch Reference bookshelf over the in-walls, plus

upgrade your subwoofer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01  /t/1526366/what-would-you-compare-kg-4-2s-to-thats-available-in-today-market#post_24584647

The Reference series is a better performer over the former KG series

Your KV center will not timbre (voice tone) match the Reference line.

I would prefer a Klipsch Reference bookshelf over the in-walls, plus

upgrade your subwoofer.
That's 1 vote for KG and 1 for Reference...

What's wrong with the SUB-10 ?

·
Registered
19,542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniemeatball  /t/1526366/what-would-you-compare-kg-4-2s-to-thats-available-in-today-market#post_24584685

That's 1 vote for KG and 1 for Reference...

What's wrong with the SUB-10 ?

I do not vote - you can collect votes if you want - from my experience >> the Reference is more

clean, clear, crisp and defined compared to the KG series. The Reference has more resolution.

There are better subs today, that are more powerful, tight and controlled and will go deeper.

Your call

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ  /t/1526366/what-would-you-compare-kg-4-2s-to-thats-available-in-today-market#post_24584075

Over weight females usually live longer than the male who mentions that they are obese.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts