AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Novice to televisions. But I've been reading quite a bit online...

Strange question.. hope I get a moderately quick response.


I went to best but to pick out a TV and decided on the P42U1. When I get home the salesperson had screwed up and gave me the TC-L42U12. I've had it for about a week and I've enjoyed it. Seems a bit grainy at times.


I called bestbuy to tell them about their mistake, and despite enjoying the TV everyone tells me that plasmas are way better, plus the 60Hz has me worrying. Bestbuy has offered to sell me the 42S1 at the same price as the L42u12. ($699)


What would you do and why?


Thanks guys. Appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSmith838 /forum/post/18147817


Novice to televisions. But I've been reading quite a bit online...

Strange question.. hope I get a moderately quick response.


I went to best but to pick out a TV and decided on the P42U1. When I get home the salesperson had screwed up and gave me the TC-L42U12. I've had it for about a week and I've enjoyed it. Seems a bit grainy at times.


I called bestbuy to tell them about their mistake, and despite enjoying the TV everyone tells me that plasmas are way better, plus the 60Hz has me worrying. Bestbuy has offered to sell me the 42S1 at the same price as the L42u12. ($699)


What would you do and why?


Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

What are you most interested in?...picture quality, brightness, viewing angle?


What about 60 Hz worries you?


All else being equal, plasmas are better sets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by robi1138 /forum/post/18147956


What are you most interested in?...picture quality, brightness, viewing angle?


What about 60 Hz worries you?


All else being equal, plasmas are better sets.

I just want the best bang for my buck. Picture quality is definitely important. I have a wide room so i suppose viewing angle is important, though I haven't noticed much of a difference in the LCD. 60 Hz bothers me because of the lag in fast moving pictures, sports, etc. The usual complaints. I just don't want to purchase a TV that will be outdated in 5 years. (Yes I realize that if that was my biggest qualm I should buy an LED but those are way too expensive right now.)


I just meant the quality of that plasma. It's an upper model panasonic plasma and I'm getting a good deal.


Maybe I just want someone to justify me packing up this tv, driving to best buy, exchanging the tv, and resetting up the new one.



Thanks again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,683 Posts
Go for it. However, don't expect major changes in viewing just because you exchange tv's. Do you watch most of your HD through cable? Cable HD is compressed and you really never get a true HD picture. You can't polish a turd. However, you will see better results with BD and OTA HD. They are offering you a better tv. You win.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSmith838 /forum/post/18147817


I went to best but to pick out a TV and decided on the P42U1. When I get home the salesperson had screwed up and gave me the TC-L42U12. I've had it for about a week and I've enjoyed it. Seems a bit grainy at times. I called bestbuy to tell them about their mistake, and despite enjoying the TV everyone tells me that plasmas are way better, plus the 60Hz has me worrying. Bestbuy has offered to sell me the 42S1 at the same price as the L42u12. ($699)What would you do and why?

Take them up on that 42S1 deal before they change their mind!! The S1 is better than that LCD.


Quote:
I just want the best bang for my buck. Picture quality is definitely important. I have a wide room so i suppose viewing angle is important, though I haven't noticed much of a difference in the LCD. 60 Hz bothers me because of the lag in fast moving pictures, sports, etc. The usual complaints. I just don't want to purchase a TV that will be outdated in 5 years.

The S1 won't be any more outdated than any other TV that you can buy today. It will give a superior picture and display the same kind of content as anything else on the market, and will look a lot better than any LCD while doing so.


Quote:
I just meant the quality of that plasma. It's an upper model panasonic plasma and I'm getting a good deal. Maybe I just want someone to justify me packing up this tv, driving to best buy, exchanging the tv, and resetting up the new one.

That price for a 42S1 is a FANTASTIC deal. And the S1 is a much better TV than the LCD is in every category.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top