Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new LED tv. I'm rather new to AVS but have really enjoyed reading so far.

I'm looking for an LED TV for my to mostly watch live sports (Time Warner) and blu ray movies. TV is about 12-15 ft from couch. I'm tossing around the idea of a few different models.

1. The 60 inch P Series Vizio 4K set looks really nice. I know it won't be out until August(ish) but I may be willing to wait because of $1800 price value and 4K. I know there's not much 4K content available now but feel like we are moving that way.

2. 55 inch Sony w900a. Before the p series was announced, I really liked this set. Now it's down to $1600 which is a plus. Just a little concerned with being too small and no 4K. Have heard great things about PQ though.

3. The Samsung F8000 has great reviews, a really thin bezel, and great picture quality. I like the design of this TV, but feel as if the Sony w900a may beat it when it comes to picture quality.

4. The new Vizio M Series that are coming out seem to be a really great value as well. From what I've read, some people have not been happy with the uniformity of Vizio.

Would love to hear some feedback from the experts and your reasoning.

Budget: $2000

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Forgot 4K, at 12' away from the TV the average human can barely resolve more than 720p on a 60" tv.

If I were you, I'd be looking at 70" tv's - there are some decent ones under $2K. Unless you watch a lot of dark and shadowy movies, whatever you give up in contrast will be made up 10x over by the extra 10" of picture -- especial for live sports where contrast doesn't really matter since the picture is always so bright.

Here's some background on the limits of the human eye's ability to perceive resolution:

http://www.rtings.com/info/television-size-to-distance-relationship

Also, wrong forum. This is for FOUND deals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts