AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
during this World Series they oughtta be smoking all the time. It is actually watcheable and not distorted like everything else they put out in DT.

Bleak colors, unwatcheable & blurry image, geo distortion have been trademarks of Fox DT ever since its inception ... dunno why they condsider World Series to be an exception, but we all will take it as an encouraging sign.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Interesting comments. Fox here looks great all the time. That is, if you don't mind that the Fox affiliate is cropping the top and bottom of the image to create an upconverted 14x9, 480i image. It really does look much better than their analog picture. No geo distortion, blurry images or bleak colors, at least on KCPQ-DT, Seattle.

Quote:
Originally posted by rashid11
during this World Series they oughtta be smoking all the time. It is actually watcheable and not distorted like everything else they put out in DT.

Bleak colors, unwatcheable & blurry image, geo distortion have been trademarks of Fox DT ever since its inception ... dunno why they condsider World Series to be an exception, but we all will take it as an encouraging sign.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Fox here looks ok fpr 480i. Why they cant figure out the aspect thing is beyond me.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I will not watch anything on fox. Terrible does not even come close to describing their attitude towards hd. What sucks is the fact that here in south florida they have the hd transmitter up and running and doing nothing with it but wasting the electrcity it takes to run it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
We're seeing yet another new thread on Fox, so the old questions are coming up again. Let's use the search feature guys.

Quote:
chenderson2
Malcolm in the Middle looked great last year on the digital channel. It was so much better than the analog that it almost seemed like HD - and it WAS in 16X9 ratio.
On the digital channel, Fox is playing 6-7 shows in 720x480 16:9 DVD resolution. This is not HDTV.

The rest of Fox's shows as seen on the digital channel are forced ugly 14:9 stretch/crop thing. Worse than the standard definition channel.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I get Fox digital (4x3) OTA and Fox analog via Cox cable. My 65H81 tw1 mode stretches the analog cable picture to 16x9, but will not stretch a digital picture. My Dish 6000 will zoom the 4x3 picture out to 16x9.

Results: The analog stretched picture looks 100% better than the OTA digital pictue in either mode. The Sunday Fox football is so bad in digital that it is unwatchable. I watch the analog Cox cable feed, which is only marginaly better.

Anyone know why?

Jerry

·
Registered
576 Posts
Here in Atlanta it was 4:3, digital and pretty clear. Not HDTV, but much better than watching a game on ESPN where the bandwidth is so crappy that everything is a blur.

I personally think that FOX lost a great opportunity in not airing this game in HD.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by feldon23
The rest of Fox's shows as seen on the digital channel are forced ugly 14:9 stretch/crop thing. Worse than the standard definition channel.
If that's what you're seeing it's because your local affiliate is doing it. Fox's digital network feed is always 16:9, with black on the sides if the material is 4:3 (such as The Simpsons, for instance).

·
Registered
930 Posts
I was a/b comparing fox over dish and OTA digital-looked exactly the same. I was watching the game last night and noticed that the sat picture was not looking too bad. Decided to check how OTA looked figguring it would be a bit better...nope EXACTLY the same. I think that is pathetic. Digital should be better (at least a little bit).

FREAK!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
game 7 was brought to you in blurry zoomed in glory common to digital stations that don't know what they're doing.

game 6 was much better, it looked better than the analog feed and looked as good as some of fox's primetime lineup.

tonite's boston commons has the game 7 look, can you say blurvision.

fox has forgotten to hit the switch for two days in a row.

note blurvision is used most of the day on fox here in nyc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.