AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea what this pair is going for today. I have two setups and dont seem to be using both. Didnt see any modulators on Ebay for a reference point.

Dave

·
Registered
255 Posts
It seems not a whole lot anymore. I just sold my whole setup (Dish5000 with HD Mod, Panny PV-HD1000 and Panny DST51) for $1000

Since the 5000 Mod is key for most you might be able to get on the high end and sell it for $500. Just a guess though. There is someone on audiogon selling the mod for $700 and the 5000 receiver for $140. You might monitor that and see how he does.

DWhite

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Put it on eBay with a $400 reserve, which is a fair price.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I was offered a 5000 and modulator for $350 a month ago and didn't buy it. From reports here it sounds like that was a good price. I saw a refurb 5000 from a DishNetwork retailer for something like $120, so I think the value is in the modulator.

I'm thinking about getting a 5000+modulator setup since it would allow recording to my HTPC where playback looks better for my projectors. This makes the most difference for film based material which would help most for HBO and SHO. The video based stuff looks great either way.

At this point if I do get the 5000+modulator I'll probably keep my 169time setup for HDNet, channel 198, and whatever we get in the future.

If Richard adds support for the Dish 6000 I think the price of modulators will go down fast, so I may wait a little while. It will be interesting to see what these go for now.

--Darin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.