Discussion Starter #1
My settings are

Brightness:54

Contrast:47

Saturation:60

Sharpness:0

Color Temp:3

Blacklight:100

I play in a very dark room most of the time if that means anything.

I would also appreciate it if no one would say "just think what looks best, so do it yourself" I just need an estimation of the settings I should use. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

You need to use a test disc to determine what are the best settings for your TV and dvd player combination. There is enough variance in TVs and DVD players to make just setting numbers rather irrelevant.

Use a test disc ... AVIA II, DVE, Get gray ... take your pick.

regards

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
no you really can't

get a disc, use your own eyes.

The environment and display variation are too big a factor to spread numbers over the internet.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Welcome to the what looks good to you camp. And what looks good to someone else ...

Do you think these TVs and DVD players are built to military standards? There is a lot of variance in the components that go into building the TVs. The same numbers on one persons TV can give a look that is completely different from the next persons TV. Add in the DVD player into the mix and where are you?

Please go to the LCD forum to find people with your TV and you can trade settings there.

Unfortunately, what you are asking is not what this calibration forum is about.

Please just invest all of 5 minutes in using the THX optimizer mode on any THX branded DVD. It's free and you will get settings that are best for your set up and you might learn something along the way too. 5 minutes to a better image. Just 5 minutes.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts