AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my Sony HD200 is dead and was wondering what a good DirecTV HD receiver with DVI output would be to replace the HD200 ?

Any Ideas?

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by felloffthetruck
I think my Sony HD200 is dead and was wondering what a good DirecTV HD receiver with DVI output would be to replace the HD200 ?

Any Ideas?

Thanks..
The new H20 receiver can be free (with rebate), and will work fine with an HDMI to DVI converter or cable. You can also get it with the new AT9 5LNB Dish that supports HD locals and MPEG4.

You will need an HDMI to DVI cable or coverter adapter, and it should work fine with the rest of your remaining equipment.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

What is a HDMI to DVI Converter and can you get it a Circuit City or Best Buy?

Would I be happy with this receiver after owning the HD200?

Happy Holidays..

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Quote:
Thanks,

You probably can find an HDMI to DVI cable at CC or Best Buy, but you're likely to overpay (particularly if they try to sell you Monster cables which are a total ripoff.)

A trusted source with an excellent reputation is monoprice:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...d=10231&style=

Certainly there are others, but I've used Monoprice, and I know many people on these forums have been perfectly satisfied as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quote:
Thanks,

Would I be happy with this receiver after owning the HD200?

Happy Holidays..
The H20 is a very good receiver which will allows the reception of all future DIRECTV HD local stations and all new HD additions. You need an HDMI to DVI cable such as this:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...ormat=2&style=

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Wondering why people think you need a HDMI to DVI cable why using the h20. A component connection works just fine.

felloffthetruck. The HD200 probably is quicker and has a better menu setup. The h20 probably has slightly better video and it picks up OTA on par with the very best. The h20 seems to be the future if you want more HD in 06 and beyond.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard korsgren
Wondering why people think you need a HDMI to DVI cable why using the h20. A component connection works just fine.
I have component too - it works great.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Approaching it from the other direction, avoid at all costs the H10---it is a very poor receiver especially in terms of picture quality if you plan on going the HDMI/DVI route.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Mike

I just still wondering about that H20 ?

I'm so use the HD200.

Happy Holidays..
Felloffthetruck,

After returning the H10, I picked up the H20 and it is a MUCH better receiver IMO. My last receiver was the Samsung TS160 and it's PQ was pretty good, so when I had to replace it, I wanted something that was equal in PQ if not better.

The H20 fit the bill. It's PQ is just as good if not better than my previous one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.