AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Superman Returns, the plane scene.

Batman Begins, Batmobile chase.

I heard Pulse has a crazy scene scene for LFE toward the end.

EDIT: Almost forgot to say We Were Soldiers. Literally some of the best surround use I've ever heard, and for DD+, I don't know if it could get any better.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitek /forum/post/0

EDIT: Almost forgot to say We Were Soldiers. Literally some of the best surround use I've ever heard, and for DD+, I don't know if it could get any better.

Help me out. Are LFE just bass? And when you receiver has LFE settings you can adjust, what are you adjusting? How much bass is sent to you front tower speakers as oppose to your sub?

·
Registered
415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnickersonjr /forum/post/0

Help me out. Are LFE just bass? And when you receiver has LFE settings you can adjust, what are you adjusting? How much bass is sent to you front tower speakers as oppose to your sub?

The LFE channel is for Low Frequency Effects. So yes, it's bass frequencies. Your receiver LFE adjustment would affect only the information that's actually in that channel and how much goes to the subwoofer. If you select "large" for your front speakers, they will get all the bass that's in those channels sent to them. But if you select "small" for your fronts, the bass from them will go to the subwoofer (and be added to the bass already coming from the LFE channel.)

·
Registered
3,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmyname /forum/post/0

Try Polar Express.

The train arrival scene is absolutely mind blowing.

Probably the most realistic effect I have ever heard over my audio system.

I was also impressed by the final battle scene of Serenity. But was not so impressed with Batman Begins even though it has TrueHD.

·
Registered
822 Posts
How about Phantom of the opera ? I'm not a musical guy , but this is pretty powerfull !!

Bob

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovtune /forum/post/0

The LFE channel is for Low Frequency Effects. So yes, it's bass frequencies. Your receiver LFE adjustment would affect only the information that's actually in that channel and how much goes to the subwoofer. If you select "large" for your front speakers, they will get all the bass that's in those channels sent to them. But if you select "small" for your fronts, the bass from them will go to the subwoofer (and be added to the bass already coming from the LFE channel.)

Thanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Terminator 3 - the whole crane chase scene, or the cemetary scene

·
Registered
528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitek /forum/post/0

I'll second Batman Begins.

Cool to hear good things about We Were Soldiers. That was one of the freebies I asked Toshiba for. I don't remember really liking the movie all that well, but it sounds like it will work for demoing.

Greg

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
U-571 almost broke my eardrums when the german sub gets bombed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm gonna be different here...I recently upgraded my speakers and A/V receiver, and the first movie I watched afterwards was The Matador.

I'll be honest...not a lot of LFE. But when there was, it was pretty incredible. The storm scene at the very beginning (which involves lightning hitting a tree, and the tree crashing down) nearly made me crap my pants. It gave me flashbacks of the tornado that destroyed my house a little over a year ago while I was asleep inside...truly disturbing.

There were several other great LFE scenes, and some interesting music tracks, but I honestly can't think of any specifics at the moment. In some thread it was stated that the LFE was artifically boosted for this movie, and folks were complaining about it. I liked it, personally.

Another good one is Seabiscuit...the horses galloping will rattle your walls.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.