AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IN INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THE DENON 3803 WHAT WOULD BE SOME GOOD SURROUND SPEAKERS TO GO WITH IN THE RANGE OF 500-1000 BUCKS ANY HELP APPRECIATED

·
Registered
60 Posts
What type of environment you looking at?

Previously you were asking about some Bose speakers so I am unsure if your looking for something that *small* or something that is more bookshelf size.

Also, what is the size of the room where your speakers will be? That influences what will work in your room quite a bit.

Although there are a lot of options here are some I would recommend for a setup with *small* speakers and a small to midsize room.

Least Expensive:

JBL NSP1s ~$280 shipped

Sony WM40 ~$150 shipped

----------------------------------

~$430

Mid-Range:

Energy Take 5+1 ~$500 shipped

High Range:

Axiom Epic Micro ~$600 shipped (from www.audioshop.on.ca )

There are many other good *small* speaker systems out there. If you are looking at mid sized speakers perhaps some Axiom, Energy, Paradigm will work.

Basically for a recommendation we need to know what your looking for. Specifically room dimensions and speaker size requirements (if any).

Matthew

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I REALLY DONT CARE TOO MUCH ABOUTB NTHE SIZE OF THE SPEAKERS IM INTERESTED IN THE SOUND QUALITY I ASKED ABOUT A BOSE SYSTEM CAUSE I HEARD THEM AT THE DEALER AND THE SYSTEM BLEW AWAY MY CHEAPO SYSTEM AFTER LOOKING ON THIS SITE IT APPEARS THE DENON 3803 IS A GREAT RECIEVER THE ROOM SIZE WOULD ROUGHLY BE 18 X 10 IM ONE DAY GOING TO BUILD A ROOM DEDICATED JUST FOR MY THEATER ROOM RIGHT NOW IM HAVING TO USE MY FORMAL LIVING ROOM

·
Registered
60 Posts
Quote:
THE ROOM SIZE WOULD ROUGHLY BE 18 X 10 IM ONE DAY GOING TO BUILD A ROOM DEDICATED JUST FOR MY THEATER ROOM RIGHT NOW IM HAVING TO USE MY FORMAL LIVING ROOM
Since speaker size does not seem to be an issue here are some things to check out:

Axiom Setup:

2 M3Ti's (mains)

2 QS4's (surrounds)

1 VP100 (center)

1 EP125 (sub)

(20ft sub cable, 100ft speaker cable)

-----------------------

~US$1000 (from audioshop.on.ca website)

(You may want to find out about the Dalquist systems too from audioshop)

JBL "S" Series Setup

(Not sure on exact breakdown of costs. Usually when people go this route though they get the speakers from etronics.com)

Diva's by Swan

*Possible they could come up with a nice setup for about $1000. Call av123 about it. ( www.********** )

Although all the other possibilities come highly recommended, I can admittedly only discuss the Axiom setup firsthand. I personally really enjoy listening to the Axiom setup. You can find more reviews, etc. at the axiom website ( www.axiomaudio.com ).

Hope this helps. I am sure you will have others chime in about the other systems mentioned above and, perhaps, quite a few others that fit the $500-$1000 price range.

Matthew

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just to follow this up, I'm looking at the 3803 for my home theater.

The room is 18x12,

The speakers are going on the wall.

Its wired for 7.1. the XX in the front is the sub/main

Code:
Code:
..x..xx..x..
.          .
.          .
.          .
.          .
.          .
x   ----   x
.          .
.   ----   .
..x......x..

I'm looking to spend

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
In my opinion you should re-evaluate your cost distribution. I would put more money into the speakers and less into the receiver. Have you looked at the Denon 2803? It is a lot cheaper and you could spend the savings on speakers. Definitely take a look at the Rocket offerings from ********** especially their new soon to be released affordable ELT line. The Energy Take 5s recommended above are quite good also. I have not heard the Axiom setup. In any case it just my opinion but I would put the bulk of my money into good speakers.

Tom

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm getting the 3803 for the features, not necessarily for the power output.

I'm particularly set on 7.1 output.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'd also look at the Definitive Technology Pro80 setup with four pro monitor 80 satellites, subwoofer and pro 100 center. To me the quality (not talking about direct radiator vs bipolar here) is very similar to what I hear from my BP2004TL, 2300 Center and DP2X, DP1X system I AM running from my 3803.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.