AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to DIY a screen with possibly "Screen goo" or just go with a premade screen fabric. What type of screen and gain do you Lt150 owners recommend? I need to get this nailed down so i can demo a unit i'm considering buying.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I've made DIY screen out of white duck cloth from Walmart ($3/yard X 60" width), white blackout cloth ($5/yard X 54" width), and glossy white tile board (4'X8'). I'm settling on the commercial Dalite Video Spectra with 1.5 gain (96" X 72") Model B for $150 shipped from www.francisav.com . The DIY screen does not look as professional and does not have the slight gain that I like with the Video Spectra. This gain is not as drastic as High Power or Glass-beaded of Dalite so my blacks are still preserved. Combined with my Hoya FL-D optical filter and clear color wheel painting, my LT150 gives very nice image. Downside for a roll-down is few waves at top of screen which can be resolved if you cut it off the roll and stretched it on a frame or wall. I prefer the roll-down for traveling convenience and easier hanging. I can live with a few minor waves (not very distracting unless you look for this on slow horizontal pans).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Huey,

So is the "Hoya FL-D optical filter and clear color wheel painting" modifications necessary for going with the video spectra? Is that gain going to be to much for the lt150z right out of the box?

I'm going to buy either the cut to size sprectra or matt white material to make my DIY screen.

Thank

Tim :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.