AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced several HD TIVOs, maybe 1 to 1.5 years old, with the new Plus HD DVRs from DirecTV.

I've hard conflicting stuff about what you can sell the HD TIVOs for say on E-Bay.

There's quite a few for sale there at all sorts of different prices.

What's a fair price these days for a used HD TIVO???

·
Banned
8,199 Posts
Just to be clear; You're talking about HR10s, not S3s. Correct?

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, either way.

·
Registered
21,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HR10s

·
Registered
21,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sold three HD TIVOS for about $300 each on Audiogon. Sold within 12 hours. How's that???

·
Registered
2,649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky /forum/post/0

I just replaced several HD TIVOs, maybe 1 to 1.5 years old, with the new Plus HD DVRs from DirecTV.

Steve,

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. How do like the new DVRs compared to the Tivo? Also were your Dtivos hacked or stock? I have 3 Dtivos and they are all hacked. I think I could live without the Tivo interface, but it would be hard to live without the hacks. I'm on the fence on whether to go with the new Directv DVRs or get the Tivo S3 and go with Comcast. Multiple units are pretty pricey with the S3s. Thanks.

Jay

·
Registered
21,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My HD TIVOs are as they came, no hacks.

I got 4 new Plus HD DVRs for practically nothing, $280, which includes shipping,

less $120 programming credits, got to keep and sell the HD TIVOs - I kept one to go with my Plus HD DVR in my theater. I like the Plus HD DVRs - different menu, but easy to use and easier to use the Guide to record programs as you can hit the green button and go ahead 12 hours in a flash.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Did you sell your HD-Tivos with or without the access card? I just called D* today and they are sending me a new HD-DVR since I want to get one before the MPEG4 rush comes one. So I'm going to put my HD-Tivo on eBay, but I have a feeling that I'm going to miss the interface.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The Tivo units can be sold easily on Ebay... go ahead and do it now, as once more MP4 stuff is added, most users will want the HR20.

I was very much on the fence about upgrading to HDTV for the reason of not wanting to give up the SD Tivo, but I am quite impressed with the HR20- no it's not tivo, but it is so far better than any cable DVR I have seen and besides, you don't have a choice if you want to stick with DTV and get HD channels (or at least the new HD stuff)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have two HD TIVO DVR's and two SD Tivo DVR's from DirecTV and was thinking about upgrading. I have been with DirecTV for over 10 years. If they would give me 4 HD DVR's to replace the Tivo's for $280 I would switch. Is there anything special you did to get 4 of them for $280.

·
Registered
21,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolson97 /forum/post/0

I have two HD TIVO DVR's and two SD Tivo DVR's from DirecTV and was thinking about upgrading. I have been with DirecTV for over 10 years. If they would give me 4 HD DVR's to replace the Tivo's for $280 I would switch. Is there anything special you did to get 4 of them for $280.

You gripe that their "deal" ain't good enough, you're thinking of switching to cable, and that they better put you on to customer retention. then ya gotta gripe some more after they give you their initial offer. Then when they want you to send in the HD TIVOs,say thats a pain, they can't use them anyway, you'd like to keep one for your home, and hopefully they won't want to hassle the extra work on the order to keep one and send in the rest, like they did with me. HA!

I didn't pay $280. I got a $120 programming credits, too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts