AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the Infocus 350 and the panasonic pt-l702e in a comparison and the panasonic was more brilliant. The strange thing is that the 350 is 1300 ansi against 1100 of the panasonic ?

Is the pt-l702e a good proj ? Does it have a good internal scaler ?

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mark,

I'm not familiar with the Panasonic PT-L702e and it's not listed on their Web page . However, I just got a Panasonic PT-L711XU. It has a killer scaler and excellent video. It's great for connecting to a computer (2 computer ports with component input too). Also, it has 1600 lumens with a 2,000 hour lamp life in standard mode and 1200 lumens with a 4,000 hour lamp life in economy mode!! That will save money.

For more information, see the shootout I wrote that compares the 711U (1400 lumens) to an InFocus 530 and an NEC 156. The newer 711XU is significantly better (not only brighter but better contrast and video). I'm planning on doing a review after I get it setup properly.

One more thing to keep in mind, the Panasonic comes with a 3 year warranty with NEXT DAY replacement while the InFocus has a 2 year warranty with no NEXT DAY replacement (you have to pay extra to get it).

One other thing to keep in mind, the Panasonic projector is engineered and made by the broadcast division, which makes the same equipment used by TV stations -- much higher quality than the consumer side.

Obviously, I'm biased having just bought a Panasonic. But I did evaluate a bunch of projectors before.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.