Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yamaha

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to buy surround receiver. Three choice are Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha.. I will have a 5.1 setup for now, but out of the 3, what is bang for the buck?? Want the best sound, HDMI input, and best processing (simulation of 5.1 from 2 channel audio). A plus would be video upconversion. My budget $400, any suggestions?

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
There's no best. Some models in some of those brands are better than some of those other models, IMO. So it would depend on the budget. And it would also depend a bit on what features you value. You might choose a model with less power to get the feature you wanted.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Your poll is just a popularity contest!

Imo, Yahama is the best choice for your budget though since the Lower end Yahamas have pre-outs, all others do not!!

btw, why not HK ? There are steals for products made in 2007! That will give you all the features still!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
At $400, I'd go with a Denon myself. HK would be my second pick.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for advise!! I really like the Denon receivers (Denon AVR-1610, AVR-590) what do you think about them? They are 5.1 receivers, but that is all I will utilize (also looking for small sattelites with woofer ) Onkyo, I am interested in HT-RC160, and TX-SR607.

·
Registered
868 Posts
For this to work, and since you put "best sound" as highest priority, you need to define your definition of best sound. At this pricepoint there will be tradeoffs.

For example: do you value lower listening levels sounding crystal clear more or the most brute force to drive it loud while sounding decent? what are your criteria for good sound?

·
The Village Idiot
9,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnatalli /forum/post/17034492

At $400, I'd go with a Denon myself. HK would be my second pick.

For $400 you can get a pair of 247s.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

·
Registered
12,310 Posts
Where is harman/kardon?

Their new 7550HD with 110W x 7, High Current amplifiers, Dolby Volume, Internet Radio, USB, iPod audio/video, network, updated Logic 7, HD audio decoders, deep color scaler, updated EzSet/EQ with (2) subwoofers looks to be the hot ticket...

Just my $0.015...

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Code /forum/post/17035838

Where is harman/kardon?

Their new 7550HD with 110W x 7, High Current amplifiers, Dolby Volume, Internet Radio, USB, iPod audio/video, network, updated Logic 7, HD audio decoders, deep color scaler, updated EzSet/EQ with (2) subwoofers looks to be the hot ticket...

Just my $0.015...

is it under $400?

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv47lg70 /forum/post/17036398

yamaha, hands down. easy question. is there another question i can answer?

More then 50% of the fan poll would disagree with you

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv47lg70 /forum/post/17036685

yeah.. i saw those results... everyone has their favorities.!!

Im actually surprise Onkyo didnt get the biggest push. I always thought they have the biggest fan base. Who knew!

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
My budget $400, any suggestions?!!!!!

Can we atleast stick to the OPs guidelines.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
another silly My Brand is better Thread

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm not partial to any Brand because I knew next to nothing about their pros and cons when I started. But after testing the equivalent Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo and Pioneer I settled on the Denon. It just sounded "better" to my untrained year. Maybe it just works well in my room config. Who knows?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts