AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened with JBL's lineup for PC speakers? I bought a Creature II setup two years ago which have been great for the run but are starting to run their course now.

Checking for a 2.1 replacement, it seems as if they've discontinued every line of PC speakers except for a couple bargain bin pieces. Even Amazon is marking $299 for the same C2 I got at $60 in 2007. Is JBL dropping out of the PC market or are they pulling something big out somewhere down the road?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanten /forum/post/16932194

In university housing it's a bit of a challenge to fit anything larger.

Not to mention a lot cooler looking that the usual boxy large audiophile worthy bookshelves. Besides it'll be playing mostly MP3 as opposed to FLAC right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda /forum/post/16933381

Not to mention a lot cooler looking that the usual boxy large audiophile worthy bookshelves. Besides it'll be playing mostly MP3 as opposed to FLAC right?

The living room 5.1 system is for everything else.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanten /forum/post/16932194

In university housing it's a bit of a challenge to fit anything larger.

My computer room at home doesn't have much room either. I have a set of bookshelves in there running off the main system zone 3 for music, but for PC sound, and watching TV on the PC I just got a set of these:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...=ITD&body=MAIN

Sound is very good, but they don't crank really loud, if that's your thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.