AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new projector and I am looking for a good ht in a box thats under 200.00 Thanks a bunch!

Eric

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
if you just spent money on a nice projector, why would you only want to spend $200 on a HTiB system for it? that's like going to a dealer to buy a new Subaru WRX, then asking the salesperson if you can have a 14" wheel and tire downgrade...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, im trying to budget everything under 2 grand with all the accessories and crap for the pj (h31) itll end up being around 1900 with a oppo dvd player and some speakers with decent amp. sound quality is not that important to me, I just want something that will be a change of scenery from the built-in speaker that comes with pj.

·
Registered
804 Posts
If sound quality isnt important then just get a basic pair of used bookshelf speakers, and dont even waste your time. Then when your ready get a real nice system to match your picture

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Agreed wth Matt, but add a 200 dollar 5.1 surround receiver, and build your HT slowly from there.

Sound is important to movies, its critical in fact.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR_IN_LA
Agreed wth Matt, but add a 200 dollar 5.1 surround receiver, and build your HT slowly from there.

Sound is important to movies, its critical in fact.
Agreed as well, we seem to be agreeing alot recently John.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Nice choice on the pj. 50% of the HT experience is the sound. Don't scrimp.

There are decent options at around $400 for a receiver and sub/sat system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.