AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would have better picture quality a InFocus LP350 LCD/DLP or a Mitsubishi WD-65000????(DLP allso) I have seen the WD-65000 and I was simply stunned at the image quality, Yes I have seen allot of HD TVs' but this was my first DLP rear projector I have ever seen. Will that small Infocus unit perform as well??? The price difference is HUGE. 15,000 vs 4,000 dollars.

That's it, thanks for any input guys.

------------------

Live without discipline, die without dignity.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yes!

------------------

Regards

GMan

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
Gman,

Have you seen both of these or are you just guessing?

My guess would be at the same picture size they would be similar. I thought about the Mitsubishi before I bought my LT150(see pics below if you are interested). The advantage goes to the Mit for anytime watching and ease of setup and day to day use. Most front projectors need a dark room. They really have two different purposes. That's really too much money for a 65" rear projection IMHO. Give it a few months and it will be under $10M. Being the first is always expensive. If you want to jump now get the LP350.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've seen the mits I have not seen the lp350. I have however, seen the lp150 which is often touted here. I thought the mits had a very good picture superior to the lp150. I would love to have one it would fit my room situation perfectly but, I just can't rationalize the cost. I seen it on the internet for $11,134.00 and at a local dealer for $13,800 which is down from when I first saw it at $15,000 but damn that's a lot of money. Try to rent the projector so that you can see it in your own home it will probably look better there than at the dealers. Make your decision based on your own experience dollars vs price vs size. If only I could hit the lottery then I could fret over less financial problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow thanks guys really do appreciate the input, guess I will wait for the beast to come down, I don't really have any amb light problems that can't be solved. But after seeing the mits I have to say I WANT MY DLP!!!.

Thanks again guys.

------------------

Live without discipline, die without dignity.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Randall

No, I haven't seen the Mits but I did see the Panasonic PT-52DL10 DLP HDTV unit (at the time this set was $12,500.00). The Panny’s picture at 52" diag. was excellent, it just was able to compete with the Pioneer 510 that was sitting next to it. The Pioneer had much better blacks and better contrast, the Panny was sharper and looked a little washed out. I still prefer the very clean, stable and highly detailed 132" wide image the LP350 can produce, there is just nothing like the overwhelming experience a truly big screen can provide. I'm sure that the Lt150 will also provide excellent results, but the LP350 works great out of the box with S-Video from any half decent DVD player.

------------------

Regards

GMan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.