AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a vt65 now, i have no need for 2 tv's. what is a 2010 model g20 worth now? is it even worth selling or should i just keep it and find a use for it? obviously no issue, defects or burn in and original box. someone give me a fair assessment lol. i had it listed on CL for $400 with no takes so im looking for advice

if the consensus is $100 im just gonna take the 870 to it lol

·
Banned
385 Posts
The styling on the G20 makes it look alot older than it is so make sure you mentioned the date of manufacture, also 50 inch is very common or considered "small" nowdays so market price would be pretty low $250-275.. everything in that series except the VT20 are pretty average and I doubt anyone would be drawn to that model for any special reason

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The styling on the G20 makes it look alot older than it is so make sure you mentioned the date of manufacture, also 50 inch is very common or considered "small" nowdays so market price would be pretty low $250-275.. everything in that series except the VT20 are pretty average and I doubt anyone would be drawn to that model for any special reason
yea, the styling is lacking. definitely thicker too, kind of a turn off to some. thanks for the honest input. oh well, kind of disappointing since both my friend and i thought the g20 picture looks better than my current 65vt60 but a 65" screen will win out for me every time. i think shes due for a better calibration anyways

·
Registered
293 Posts
i have a vt65 now, i have no need for 2 tv's. what is a 2010 model g20 worth now? is it even worth selling or should i just keep it and find a use for it? obviously no issue, defects or burn in and original box. someone give me a fair assessment lol. i had it listed on CL for $400 with no takes so im looking for advice

if the consensus is $100 im just gonna take the 870 to it lol
$ 500 is the best you can do.

If I were you, i'd keep the G20 and get an aftermarket chip to reset your black levels to when it was brand new
http://audiodane.dandk.org/pmcv2/

Also, get a well-known AVSforum calibrator to calibrate your VT65.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Now that's just extreme lowballing.

What makes the G20/25 series special if you look beyond the bezel is:

1) good color/gamma accuracy right out of the box in THX
2) one of the few THX-certified plasmas introduced in 2010 that had actually had generous light output (around 40 ft/L in stock THX setting)
3) there is more headroom to increase light output without clipping the whites (I increased my contrast from 60 stock to 68).

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just sold my samsung PN60F5300 but before I did, I placed it beside my Panasonic TCP-50vt25. I was curious how they compared, but it wasn't even close. The panasonic was the winner. I am keeping the panasonic until it dies. Not worth giving it away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts