AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently i have the Comcast Motorola DCT3412 hd-dvr box , have had it for about 1 year (when i ditched DTV for cable). hooked into my Denon avr-2807 receiver into Pioneer Pro Elite fhd-1 50" plasma (all hdmi). i just had the tv professionally IFR calibrated last week and the calibrator guy told me that to take the most advantage of the calibration , i should get the latest Comcast box, or even better (he says) get Tivo THX which he said would dramatically upgrade my pic quality (especially sports). howevet the Tivo is $600 (for most memory) which i would gladly spend if it will perform like he said it would (but i will ask that question over on the appropriate forum). anyway, i live in the Chicago area and would like to know what is the latest hd-dvr box and if what advantage(s) it would have over what i have now. thanks for any advice ! !

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsx500 /forum/post/17010562

currently i have the Comcast Motorola DCT3412 hd-dvr box , have had it for about 1 year (when i ditched DTV for cable).....i live in the Chicago area and would like to know what is the latest hd-dvr box and if what advantage(s) it would have over what i have now.

There is nothing that much better than what you already have for HD image quality.

Even a TiVo HD would still look the same for HD as a 3412. The TiVo has other benefits.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
From what I can tell, the DCX3400 is the latest & has a 250GB hard drive. I have seen a few comments where some think it has a little better PQ than older models. The big advantage is it has a larger hard drive than yours & therefore can hold more recording time.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I have Comcast coming on Tuesday, I hope they install the newest HD DVR in their line up...I'm coming from Dish with the 622 HD DVR and it was excellent. I hope Comcast is as good! I live in New Lenox southwest of Chicago.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
The Broadcom SoC in the DCX3400 does a better job with text and graphics rendering, so the Comcast software should look better. The actual HD picture should be the same, though.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushal726 /forum/post/20750034

How can I confirm which dvr I will receive?

You can't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts