AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
The major hurdle for selling this unit is delivery.

If there is any way that you can help the buyer with the move, you will generate more interest.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy14 /forum/post/15419845

Thanks jdre. It's DEFINATELY an HDTV. I believe it's the KV-40XBR800 if my memory is correct.

You are correct. The 4:3 40XBR was the largest Sony made and have been sought after by many.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawktim /forum/post/15424745

The major hurdle for selling this unit is delivery.

If there is any way that you can help the buyer with the move, you will generate more interest.

Where are you located?

South Florida. Miami to be exact. And yes, they are HEAVY!!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
You'll need time to sell it, because of the weight. Few people want to adopt the George Muresan of CRTs. If you have a few months, the right buyer will happily give you $300-$400, but if you have to get rid of it immediately you might have to Goodwill it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I guess Im gonna have to wait for the right person who's specifically looking for this set. I dont want to give it away either. It really has a nice picture. Especially in HD.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJonathan /forum/post/15427791

You'll need time to sell it, because of the weight. Few people want to adopt the George Muresan of CRTs. If you have a few months, the right buyer will happily give you $300-$400, but if you have to get rid of it immediately you might have to Goodwill it.

That's the key, time. I had my 34XBR800 up for 2 months, not one email. Then boom, someone came along and paid $300 cash the same day and took it.

Another guy in Boston just sold his identical TV for $50, cause he didn't want to wait. I shoulda bought it.

You can ask $400, but I think it's only worth $300.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm paying $500 for my second 40XBR800 (it's for my Mom...really!!!). It's got the stand, as well. I'm sure it'll be worth every penny I pay for it. I really love the picture these put out.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy14 /forum/post/15440651

Hey Mad, I have a custom built, solid maple entertainment center that was built around the 40. Come down to Miami and buy it and I'll give you your 3rd 40XBR for free
!!!!

Got any pics?? I already own one of these 40XBR's w/Sony Stand. I'd like to see that custom maple Ent. Center. On my 40XBR, I get pristine near-perfect PQ that can ony be matched by a Pioneer Kuro. Paid $3000 for mine in late Dec. 2002. Shame the market is gone for large Tubes, as these were at the very best & the pinnacle of CRT video tech. I've seen them go for various prices between $300-$500 depending on condition & w/Sony Stand.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy14 /forum/post/15440651

Hey Mad, I have a custom built, solid maple entertainment center that was built around the 40. Come down to Miami and buy it and I'll give you your 3rd 40XBR for free
!!!!

I would love to see pics. How much do you want for it??

I'm not in the market for another tv right now...but my Mom IS getting one of my 40 XBR800's. And for the price they're going for on Craigslist, I can always find it in my budget for another one. Right now, I'm glad I live in Atlanta...there are so many choices here.

·
Registered
631 Posts
it is a shame there is no market for these. they are very heavy but I have yet to see a flat panel that beats the image I have. sure, not big but you cannot beat the image quality.

I paid $1000 new for my 36XBR800. never bought the stand as it was too much. a year later I walk into CC and they are selling my stand for $17, glad I waited.

the detail just canot be beat. I have a 32XBR I got for free, it doesnt get much use but will be a good spare for when I need it if ever. I have 3 tube HDTV's......lol, what beasts.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruman /forum/post/15483477

it is a shame there is no market for these. they are very heavy but I have yet to see a flat panel that beats the image I have. sure, not big but you cannot beat the image quality.

Well, one reason they look so good is cause they're small, and 32" flat panels aren't particularly good. A good 50" plasma has better picture quality, it's just not readily apparent cause the image is blown up quadruple the size.

I think it was a bit of a mistake for me to ditch the 34" XBR for a 46" LCD, but I have to leave the TV for the inlaws in a year, and they wanted something wall mountable.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy36XBR800 /forum/post/15635799

you want to sell a 300 lbs tv with NO STAND.

do you have any idea how hard it is to find a stand that will hold that monster SAFELY?

even if you can find one rated for 300lbs I'd still worry about the heavy glass used on the picture tube and having it tip over.

The TV is on a stand and of course I would include the stand.....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.