AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small room with 2 mounted flat screens. What type of device (stereo receiver or av receiver or other?) do I need to be able to have both tvs on different channels with the option of picking what audio feed I want to hear?

Because of the size of the room I'm hardly inclined to go all out with any sort of surround sound, a small speaker or bar speaker will do and the only other device I plan on incorporating into the set up is an X-Box.

Any pointers are appreciated, thanks!

·
Banned
38 Posts
You kind of answered your own questions in your own thread.

You do have two different cable/sat boxes I take it(unless this is OTA...)? The Xbox can be split with a component video switcher or HDMI splitter(depending on your Xbox)...

The audio side just needs to be handled by something with two audio inputs. Just like in the old days with a cassette deck and a CD player...except in this case...TV A and TV B.

Do you want the simplicity of an "all in one thing" sound bar, or do you want a receiver(or even integrated amp) and two speakers?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

Forgot to include that bit - each tv has it's own cable box, since that is about the only way for the set up to work. Just wanted to know what device is needed to switch between the audio inputs.

Does a just a stereo receiver work or do I need an AV receiver?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumbull247 /forum/post/20848446

You kind of answered your own questions in your own thread.

You do have two different cable/sat boxes I take it(unless this is OTA...)? The Xbox can be split with a component video switcher or HDMI splitter(depending on your Xbox)...

The audio side just needs to be handled by something with two audio inputs. Just like in the old days with a cassette deck and a CD player...except in this case...TV A and TV B.

Do you want the simplicity of an "all in one thing" sound bar, or do you want a receiver(or even integrated amp) and two speakers?

Thanks, just wasn't sure if I needed a stereo receiver or more advanced AV receiver. Since it's a small room, an ''all in one'' device would do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.